The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Everything related to MakeMKV
Post Reply
dom61
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Italy

The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by dom61 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Good morning
I want to report that the beta key, valid until July 2018 does not work and returns the following message:
beta key July 2018 "T-LW1uLLbYkVG@@LRXgUx8eZlPSc5XtHUoGDg9My9NgOMC2jNEQjvNY4zLxK8E0YduZT"

Thank you
Last edited by dom61 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lovely Rita
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by Lovely Rita » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:44 pm

In your 8+ years as a Makemkv user I find it hard to believe that you have missed this.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV

dom61
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by dom61 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Makemkv deserves to be always bought for the praiseworthy work that it does.
Mine was just a simple report.

Greetings

T'hain Esh Kelch
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 am

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:15 am

The new β key works fine for me.

ember1205
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by ember1205 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 pm

It does not work for me even with a fresh download on Mac.

Does anyone know if there's a way to update the beta key only for the Mac version?

rivey
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:49 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by rivey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 am

ember1205 wrote:It does not work for me even with a fresh download on Mac.

Does anyone know if there's a way to update the beta key only for the Mac version?
Just spend the $50.00 and buy the permanent key and you never have to worry about it again.

ember1205
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by ember1205 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:34 am

rivey wrote:
ember1205 wrote:It does not work for me even with a fresh download on Mac.

Does anyone know if there's a way to update the beta key only for the Mac version?
Just spend the $50.00 and buy the permanent key and you never have to worry about it again.
So, you can't provide any information on how to replace the key on Mac?

Woodstock
Posts: 6340
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by Woodstock » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 am

Help->Register, paste the key in.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

SnoopyDog
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:31 am

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by SnoopyDog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:50 am

I'm also thinking for a longer time about buying a license. But if you google for the company which handles the payment (avangate), you will find a lot of angry comments from people who payed for software, but never received a license key. That does not sound trustworthy and keeps me from buying a license...

d00zah
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by d00zah » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:38 pm

SnoopyDog wrote:I'm also thinking for a longer time about buying a license. But if you google for the company which handles the payment (avangate), you will find a lot of angry comments from people who payed for software, but never received a license key. That does not sound trustworthy and keeps me from buying a license...
9 in 10 instances, the email has been delayed by email server SPAM traps, or a mistyped email address & people are unnecessarily angry about something they don't quite understand (which happens far more often in life than anyone wants to admit). I had no issues when I bought my license.

Lovely Rita
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by Lovely Rita » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:28 pm

d00zah wrote:a mistyped email address & people are unnecessarily angry about something they don't quite understand (which happens far more often in life than anyone wants to admit). I had no issues when I bought my license.
Agreed!
Purchased mine 5 years ago. error free.

People have a tendency, these days, to complain versus compliment. (just look a Facebook!) :shock:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV

rivey
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:49 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by rivey » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Lovely Rita wrote:
d00zah wrote:a mistyped email address & people are unnecessarily angry about something they don't quite understand (which happens far more often in life than anyone wants to admit). I had no issues when I bought my license.
Agreed!
Purchased mine 5 years ago. error free.

People have a tendency, these days, to complain versus compliment. (just look a Facebook!) :shock:
I bought mine last year when I started using MakeMKV and there were no issues. For me the program has been flawless and works great. My only issues have been dirty discs and since I now clean every disc I get, I don't have those problems anymore. With just a little common sense I can figure out the right file and the extra's on each disc. Just takes a little bit of effort.

TheTerrorBeyond
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:08 am

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by TheTerrorBeyond » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Please just buy the software if you use it regularly. It is the right thing to do, as this application is constantly updated and is absolutely worth the price.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.

sirlurkalot
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by sirlurkalot » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:23 pm

Or could just use the correct key: T-LW1uLLbYkVG@LRXgUx8eZlPSc5XtHUoGDg9My9NgOMC@2jNEQjvNY4zLxK8E0YduZT
As documented/linked at http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Active
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Re: The beta key valid until July 2018 does not work

Post by Active » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:42 pm

I tried this latest beta key and it registered fine but still gives me the expired message when use.

Post Reply