Everything related to MakeMKV
Farkle

Re: Forced subtitles from DVD

Post by Farkle »

**Bump**
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

No need to bump a dead thread twice in a week. The person who would need to see it (Mike) reads everything when he's here, so he'd see it either way.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mt5555

Post by mt5555 »

See: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7544

for a workaround that I've been happy with. I extract the subset of forced subtitles from the main subtitle track, and then create a new subtitle track with only the forced subtitles, and merge it into the mkv file.

Mark
craignan

Post by craignan »

Is this going to be fixed? This issue was found 4 years ago and I haven't seen a version log that shows this has been fixed. This software is almost perfect.
Ant93

Post by Ant93 »

craignan wrote:Is this going to be fixed? This issue was found 4 years ago and I haven't seen a version log that shows this has been fixed. This software is almost perfect.
I totally agree, this should be one of the essential features of any DVD/Blu-ray ripping software, its ridiculous that it still hasn't been fixed in the latest version!

The development of this software is unbelievably slow, it should have come out of beta by now!

Then again, I suppose this is what you get when only one person develops software in their spare time...

Who knows, Mike may eventually decide to fix it but we may have to wait another 4 years... :roll:

Come on Mike, people want this feature and they need it ASAP!
craignan

Post by craignan »

OK, I see there has been two more releases and yet this issue hasn't been fixed. Can Mike or someone post a message to this thread and state if this is going to be fixed or not???
Aast656

Post by Aast656 »

...I know this is a very old post... :oops:

However, I would like to give a vote to this feature of forced subtitles in DVDs, as it would be great if they could be managed in a similar way as BR subtitles in MakeMKV. Although some DVDs have the forced subtitles in a separate track, many DVDs (at least in Spain) have the Spanish forced subtitles included in the main subtitles, but with a "Forced" tag.

Currently, when I detect this "forced subtitles" I have to extract them using other programs, and to create again the MKV in order to add them.

Anyway, thanks for this great program.
Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Hereby I also bring up the old topic again.
This is a function that would be extremely desirable.
Because currently it is absolutely uncomfortable to realize this manually.
Dal1980

Post by Dal1980 »

[s]Please please please. I bought MakeMKV to show support and it's such a great program but this is really annoying problem on Blu-Ray Game of Thrones (Kaleesi scenes) and I've noticed this missing FPO issue in loads of other stuff which I assumed was supposed to be like this.
:cry:[/s]

Hmm, seems I misunderstood, I've just been messing about with this and there's two subtitle tracks when I play this back through Plex. It seems that one is 'all' subtitles and the 'forced' one is the FPO. So this feature works as intended and it's just me being stupid. It's a shame that the labels are the same but I have no problems messing about with the Plex settings getting this to work. Okay, with all that cleared up... Thank you for implementing this :D

99.999% happy customer :D