Forced Subtitles don't work in version 1.12.2?

Everything related to MakeMKV
johnargo

Forced Subtitles don't work in version 1.12.2?

Post by johnargo »

Hi there,

I have just recently updated to the 1.12.2 version of MakeMKV, but every time I try to click on forced subtitles for a Blu-ray they don't appear in the completed video file. Before I used this function without any problem, but not it doesn't work at all for any disc I try. I have tried Lord of the Ring: Fellowship, Captain America: Civil War, Argo, Thor: Dark World, and others. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, do you know what could be the issue? I have always marked the box for "Forced Subtitles", and have tried each and every English track for the blu-ray. I know for a fact that I was able to rip Civil War before with the titles, but on a earlier version of MakeMKV.

Thanks for any help.
Woodstock

Re: Forced Subtitles don't work in version 1.12.2?

Post by Woodstock »

Forced subtitles creates a track that contains all subtitles from the PARENT track that are tagged as "forced".

Generally speaking, there will not be any. The most common way of dealing with "forced" subtitles is to put them in a separate track. I have ONE title in my library that actually used the forced flag - Avatar. Everything else uses a separate track.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging