MKV NOT Initiallizing

Everything related to MakeMKV
tired

MKV NOT Initiallizing

Post by tired »

Bad news upgrading to latest MKV and pay $53 for it. Will not initialize....

Good thing I had the last 'update' in my download file

Win 10 computer...REVO UNinstall and install MAKE MKV AGAIN...enter the KEY....notice " Thanks for registering" ReStart MKV for changes to take effect. Then I double clik on the MakeMKV icon and a message pops up Will not initialize.

What's going on???
d00zah

Re: MKV NOT Initiallizing

Post by d00zah »

Searching "Application Failed to Initialize" shows a number of examples. These are recent, but solutions were different...

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... ize#p63886

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... ize#p63805
tired

Post by tired »

Thanks for reply...I'll check out your links to troubleshoot...........another problem....BD disks are getting harder to break. Title "I Feel Pretty" needs Jave Runtime Environment
Link back to MakeMKV website says to tell MAKEMKV the path to the JRE file. I got it from Oracle and it's a .GRZ file what's next in this puzzle?

Sometimes it seems to be better to just rent the damned DVD and copy it. HD NOT but surround sound works and not this hassle with these firckin movies

Fred
tired

Post by tired »

Your links from my original post is not addressing WIN 10 system...talking about WIN 7 or a MAC user
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

JRE (Java Runtime Environment) is the distribution. The path should point to '[full path]\java.exe'.

.GRZ is a file extension indicating an archive. You need a tool to extract the contents, or download an installer.

https://java.com/en/download/
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

tired wrote:Your links from my original post is not addressing WIN 10 system...talking about WIN 7 or a MAC user
True, but one involves the firewall/or Defender blocking internet access (win 7), & the other suggests 'Compatibility mode' (win 7). Both can apply to any ~current versions of Windows.

Feel free to use Search for "Application Failed to Initialize" & look for Win10 specific posts.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

OK search doesn't yield much for Win 10. Since I'm still on Win7... read too much MS BS...

4 things I would try...

- reboot the machine & try makemkv (sometimes a reboot is helpful)
- check if firewall is getting in the way (firewall logs)
- right-click shortcut & try "Run as administrator"
- download & try the prior version (1.12.2?... see link in my sig)
tired

Post by tired »

Situation a little bumpy.........FIRST I had to find a damned browser that would let me download JAVA
FireFox won't, Microshitt EDGE WON't
Google Chrome DID
JAVA in my machine

Got MKV to fire up...still shaky ground here.
Inserted the precious POS movie "I Feel Pretty" with its BS protection crap
MKV found JAVA in my system and decoded the movie making a copy GEEESH!
There is no where in MAKE MKV to point it to JAVA, like your website says.
Just trying to point out the contradictions for something that was working so nice. Pay for this Make MKV and it stops working. Same crap road we traveled on with SLY SOFT
Fred
tired

Post by tired »

Used a process monitor on "I Feel Pretty" and it was mpls 00800 that was playing through a Cyberlink Blu Ray Player
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

tired wrote:There is no where in MAKE MKV to point it to JAVA, like your website says.
Fred
Preferences > Protection tab

'Custom Java executable location'

but you indicate MakeMKV found it automatically (as it should).

Browser/java issues are hardly a MakeMKV problem.

& MakeMKV is technically still in beta, yet works quite well for many people.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

There is no needed to specify a standard Java installation in MakeMKV. It is automaticaly deteced if needed, tested and verified. You can see it in the debug log if Java is executed.
Good Luck :)

Post by tired »

Ok.....it's goodness
We're drifting into a JAVA issue and that's working fine, after me fumbling around to find a browser that will let you download it. And to the other reply about pointing Make MKV to the Java is not mentioned clearly in the link that Make MKV produces when a blu ray needs java to be able to play. I went to the link on the MAKE MKV website and a lot of words that don't give any instructions what to do.

I'll be looking at any other replies for the product unable to initialize after I close it. Seems to hiccup after I enter the key in from purchasing the latest version which takes us down the digital road of a TRIAL version before you must BUY it....I copy/paste the longest KEY I have ever seen for a product and it says Thanks your copy is now registered, please close application to put changes into affect......something along those lines. And then I have to through digital hell to get it to run again. I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that this damned Microshitt WIN 10 and the never-ending updates are the biggest problem. We don't seem to own our WIN 10 computers. We pay a high price to LEASE the damned things from Microshitt and they are commanding what we can and cannot do with our computers. I wonder if MAC is in the same boat?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

tired wrote:I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that this damned Microshitt WIN 10 and the never-ending updates are the biggest problem.
Bingo! Hope you get things ironed out, as this doesn't seem to be a common issue. As suggested earlier, it might be worth installing the last release for the time being?