Makemkv Fatal Error message

Everything related to MakeMKV
Niccalo

Makemkv Fatal Error message

Post by Niccalo »

Hey gang. Everything was working fine a few days ago and now all I get is a Fatal Error message and the program closes. Tried a few different Blu-Ray discs and the same thing. Any ideas?
Woodstock

Re: Makemkv Fatal Error message

Post by Woodstock »

What operating system? Are there entries in the system log about the fatal error?

Also, if it's Windows 10, did you recently let your system get "infected" with the latest update?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Niccalo

Post by Niccalo »

I keep makemkv on a side windows 7 machine, so no chance of a Win 10 issue there.

No entries in the log file at all about the error.
dburckh

Post by dburckh »

I'm having the same issue with 1.12.3 on Windows 10 64. It crashes after the scan. It happens on BluRay and DVD. If I restart the app and scan again it works fine. It does seem to hang for a long time between the scan and the selection screen. If you let me know where to find logs, etc. I can send them.

----Update:
It may be an issues with the evaluation license. I downgraded to 1.12.2 which required a (beta) license. Then I upgraded to 1.12.3 and the long pause (and ensuing crash) are gone. I'll update this post if the issue happens again.
----Update:
It is continue to consistently crash on the first run with multiple titles. Not sure why I'm so lucky. :)

----Solution!
I had to uninstall MakeMKV and then delete the MakeMKV entries in the registry with regedit and then reinstall. Now it seems to be stable again. Home that helps others.
roger45

Post by roger45 »

Regarding the reply by dburckh, in Windows 10, the solution seems to be uninstalling the application using Add/Remove programs and then using Registry Editor, deleting the entire folder in the registry location:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MakeMKV

Then reinstall the latest version of the application and everything is working again.

Thank you dburckh!
TK-24601

Post by TK-24601 »

I am getting this issue now. I did the method suggested by roger45 and installed the previous version. I can start the 1.17.4 version, but the softmake asks me to register as its too old. After putting in my key and restarting I get the error again. Is there something impacting the system with my registration key?