MakeMKV sees the Blu Ray Drive, but on the disc in the drive.

Everything related to MakeMKV
Chris4032020

MakeMKV sees the Blu Ray Drive, but on the disc in the drive.

Post by Chris4032020 »

Hello. I have not be able to get MakeMKV to rip any of my movies. It sees the LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 USB Drive and it is the same drive I've used since before buying MakeMKV. I've updated the firmware and drivers for my USB drive and that did not help.

I place a Blu Ray into the drive and I see it trying to read the drive, but after a while it does not show the drive. I took a blu ray that from my collection I ripped about a month ago(I know it read that one fine) and it does the same thing.

I started the debug log and this is all in has in it. and seems useless for me. I've pasted it below. I know it's from this morning, but it's the same every time I look at it except for the dates and times change.

Debug log started at Wed Sep 05 12:10:27 2018 , written by MakeMKV v1.12.3 win(x64-release)
Using 524544KB for read cache.
001005:0000 MakeMKV v1.12.3 win(x64-release) started
001004:0000 Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users/MYUSERNAME/MakeMKV_log.txt
Application exited at Wed Sep 05 12:36:50 2018

Does anyone have an idea on this issue?
Chris4032020

Re: MakeMKV sees the Blu Ray Drive, but on the disc in the drive.

Post by Chris4032020 »

I just reloaded my whole OS to an older version and I'm using the same Blu Ray drive as I've always used. I'm testing this with a known good Blu Ray and it is one I've ripped before using this software. I now know it is not a Windows update. I am now using 1.12.0 (a known good ripping version) to rip with. I still have no luck using an older OS and older version of the software.

Is there some more information I can provide thatwill help with this issue?
Grauhaar

Re: MakeMKV sees the Blu Ray Drive, but on the disc in the drive.

Post by Grauhaar »

The disc is identified by Windows, not by MakeMKV. If you start the Windows File Explorer and a Disc is inserted, you must see after processing the drive with the disc name in the Drive-Tree. As long as this does not happen, MakeMKV cannot process the disc. Your described probelem sounds for me as a drive problem.
Good Luck :)