Unable to purchase

Everything related to MakeMKV
monkeybrainz

Unable to purchase

Post by monkeybrainz »

I found the purchase page and paid for a license for makemkv. I have a receipt and order number from 2co.com. I have not received my license code, nor have a received any explanation as to why from 2co. They have charged my account. I have confirmed that with my credit card issuer.

Not really a complaint about makemkv. I like the program and wanted to support it. Seems 2co wants to keep my money and not issue a license. Just wanted you to know. I can't find an email on your site and I am not allowed to send a private message or I would have sent this message another way.

I can provide proof if you so desire.
Woodstock

Re: Unable to purchase

Post by Woodstock »

What page did you go to?

The order page https://makemkv.com/buy/ links to Avangate.com, specifically https://secure.avangate.com/order/check ... 2140&QTY=1

You should have received an email from avangate.com within minutes of processing your order, with your permanent key code. 2co.com appears to be the payment processor, but the email should still have come from avangate.com.

In any case, send a message to support@makemkv.com with your information, and Mike should be able to fix you up.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
monkeybrainz

Post by monkeybrainz »

Avantgate, 2co, and 2checkout are all the same company. They are not very good at support, I'm afraid. I've sent an email to the address you listed. Honestly, I'm just stumped. I've never had to fight so hard to buy something.
SnoopyDog

Post by SnoopyDog »

I would like to purchase a license for makemkv for more than one year, but this payment company (formerly avangate, now 2checkout) keeps me from doing so. If you google both names and read the customer reviews (e.g. on trustpilot), you will read only bad things.

Nearly all users say
"Stay away from this company"
"Don't enter your data there"
"Scammers"
"Fraud"
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

SnoopyDog wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:00 pm
I would like to purchase a license for makemkv for more than one year
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but the only license you can purchase is 'lifetime' (of the company/product, not the purchaser... always seems to be some confusion?). And while I purchased mine years back, I've never had any issues with Avangate... then, or since.

Further, from what I've read of the negative reviews, people seem to be conflating a bad experience with a software seller vs Avangate (a 'middleman') & would take most with (an enormous) grain of salt. YMMV
SnoopyDog

Post by SnoopyDog »

Sorry, my bad english. "Since more than one year, I would..."
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

SnoopyDog wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:59 pm
Sorry, my bad english. "Since more than one year, I would..."
Cool. What issues keep you from buying the license?
SnoopyDog

Post by SnoopyDog »

OMG. Read the very first post in this thread (the opener), read MY first post in this thread (number 4)...
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

SnoopyDog wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:06 pm
OMG. Read the very first post in this thread (the opener), read MY first post in this thread (number 4)...
Well, in post #2, Woodstock suggests you:

'send a message to support@makemkv.com with your information, and Mike should be able to fix you up.'

Have you tried this?

Most people claiming to have never received email with a key have never checked their email SPAM folder... sometimes the is erroneously flagged?
SnoopyDog

Post by SnoopyDog »

You write so many things but you didn't fully undestand all the previous posts.
  • Woodstock never replied to anything that I wrote, he replied to the thread opener.
  • The thread opener writes the same what I found with Google: The payment company 2checkout (formerly avangate) that is used by makemkv has a very bad reputation because they take the money from customers and very often they don't deliver the license keys. Not only for makemkv, also for other products.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

I didn't mean to confuse you.

Avangate is safe. I used them when I bought my license.

If you buy a license and have problems, email MakeMKV support.
SnoopyDog

Post by SnoopyDog »

Ok, thank you :)