Bad audio on rips

Everything related to MakeMKV
dsbrugman

Bad audio on rips

Post by dsbrugman »

I've been able to successfully rip all blu-rays and dvds using this program without program errors, but occasionally I rip the video and the audio is either choppy or is missing every few seconds. Even if I repeat the process it continues. Has anyone had this issue before? I'm assuming it might be an equipment error but most of the blu-rays work and it's rare one does this.
Grauhaar

Re: Bad audio on rips

Post by Grauhaar »

The "Dynamic Range Compression" of the Blu-ry Player has nothing to do with this.

Please check if you are playing HD Audio tracks, f.e DD+ or so. Specialy the higher resolution tracks of Dolby Digital can have some trouble with incompatible equipment. I have had the same problems and after an Firmware update the problem was gone. If nothing helps, you must re-rip the title(s) with the "non HD" part of the track. DTS has not this kind of problems due to the architecture of DTS. DTS includes always the main core and all other parts are defined as extentions to the core. An older playing DTS software cannot see the HD extentions and all works well.
Good Luck :)

Re: Bad audio on rips

Post by dsbrugman »

I was using the HD audio. When I used a normal track it worked fine. I'll try updating the firmware. Thanks!