New password for February 2019

Everything related to MakeMKV
Encoder1

New password for February 2019

Post by Encoder1 »

We need a new password for MakeMKV as the January one is defunct. Thank you. I love MakeMKV and I panic without it.
Grauhaar

Re: New password for February 2019

Post by Grauhaar »

Good Luck :)

Post by BobLSL »

It's still free while in beta, that does not help...
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The "price" of using it free while in beta is waiting for a new key when the old key expires. Those of us that purchased it don't have such limitations. There's nothing wrong with using it free while in beta, but, that's where the patience comes in.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

BobLSL wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:10 am
that does not help...
That's not correct, a permanent key has no limititation and supports the developer for his great work.
Good Luck :)

Post by BobLSL »

It helps the developer, which is a great thing, but it's not the topic of this thread, which is using the free version.

Patience being the key to freedom is a good point, and is a pertinent response. Asking people to buy is just OT.
plangevin

Post by plangevin »

It is available now.

We simply had to wait for the weekend to let @mike to have some time to generate the key ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Thank you
TIGHazard

Post by TIGHazard »

plangevin wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:43 pm
It is available now.

We simply had to wait for the weekend to let @mike to have some time to generate the key ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Thank you
We didn't even have to do that.

I posted that the key expired on the 30th. I checked the next day (31st) and it still said "expires the end of January 2019" but I copied the key over anyway and it worked. I just checked the register section of the program and mike must not have updated the words "January 2019" to "March 2019" until yesterday/today because the key was the same as I had entered.
mreedelp2

Post by mreedelp2 »

Instead of waiting, you can always just turn the date back on your computer to 2 or 3 days prior to the expiration date. The old key works just fine then.
Dougmeister

Post by Dougmeister »

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but... isn't $50 kind of, well, a LOT for this software?

If it is worth it, then please educate me as to why. Again, trying not to sound ignorant, just comparing to other shareware/trialware I've used over the years. Is this the only tool that does this? Does it do it a lot better than the rest, etc.?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you do not see the value in the software, DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT OR BITCH BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO PUT A NEW KEY IN EVERY 60 DAYS.

You're perfectly free to use one of the packages that charges a yearly subscription, rather than a one-time license. I think the other packages charge more per year than the one-time purchase MakeMKV license fee, but that's only because they must CERTAINLY be of more value to you.

No one can prove value to you.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

This question comes up a lot. People balk at the 50 dollar price tag to support the author. Here's the thing. If you're backing up UHD's you're dropping 25 to 30 bucks per movie. Blu-rays are typically 20 or so. So for the prices of 2-3 movies, you have a piece of software that protects your investment. By backing up your discs you handle them less and have less risk of scratching them beyond repair. Trashing a 30 dollar disc isn't fun. Spending 50 bucks to support an author who's given us the ability to protect those investments is a value IMO. Competing solutions cost a lot more.
Dougmeister

Post by Dougmeister »

SamuriHL, thank you for the polite and reasonable response. I will take it under advisement. :D
VFRMan

Post by VFRMan »

I would like to purchase MKV. When you go to the Purchase MKV page, it shows PayPal as an accepted payment type. But when you click on the Buy Now link, there is no PayPal option.
Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 2.40.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 2.40.14 PM.png (130.27 KiB) Viewed 25832 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That is a problem with PayPal. It is PayPal's decision to not allow you to us PP to buy MakeMKV, because they feel any software that lets you rip optical media is "piracy software".

Avangate/2co's logo with PayPal comes from their site, which (generically) accepts PayPal, except when PP restricts them.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging