Newbie with questions

Everything related to MakeMKV
peterbill

Newbie with questions

Post by peterbill »

First of all, I apologize if these have already been answered. I've done some searches but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm seeing a few things when I've tried to rip DVDs to my computer, and I don't know if they will affect the playback of the DVDs or not.

(Oh, and I am running the program in Administrator Mode. I tried putting in the registration code given in a General Information post, but it gave me an error message about the application version being too old and to install the new one or enter a registration key to continue.)

1) Sometimes it doesn't recognize that there is a disc in the drive,
2) If it does see the disc and starts processing it, I'll see these lines in info box while it is running:
a) Cells 39-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?) (Does this mean they weren't ripped and won't be on my
computer?
b) Title #26 has length of 62 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped (Will that part
of the disc not be on my computer? What should the min title length be?)

Again, I apologize if these questions have already been answered and I just haven't found the answers with my search terms. Please let me know if any other info is needed to help me.