How to totally automate MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
agillis

How to totally automate MakeMKV

Post by agillis »

I would like MakeMKV to be totally automated and rip just main movie from a DVD with no user interaction. Fortunately MakeMKV already does this! I have no problems using the command line version to rip just the movie. I set the minimum track length to 3600 seconds. Any track that is over 1 hour long is definitively the main movie. This works flawlessly. Amazing!

Now I want the next step. When ripping with the GUI a remove all the extra (non English, directory's commentary, etc.) audio tracks and all the sub titles. This reduces the size of the final mkv file by about 10%-20%. All we would need is a couple of new command line options

--nosubs to remove all sub titles

and

--audiotrack=english to remove all the non English and director commentary audio tracks.

What's the chance of getting these implemented? Does anybody else want these features or am I the only one? Is there a way to do this from command line already?
kitwingate

Re: How to totally automate MakeMKV

Post by kitwingate »

I totally agree with this and I am sure there are more people out there that would like this feature as well. I'm assuming this can not be too difficult to implement, as there are already other default settings: ex. minimum track length. I'm sure adding a couple more default parameters could be a quick fix, such as the ones suggested by agillis (Language = English, subs = forced only or none).

If these simple things were added, I would be elated. In a perfect world, there would be a WHS Plugin where I could monitor this from anywhere in my network (much like the MyMovies setup) and maybe make some simple name changes if needed... But that would be the icing on an already delicious cake.
mbryanr

Post by mbryanr »

Your suggestions would be a perfect addition for me. I just built an unRaid server, and want to directly rip to the server by putting the disc in the drive and letting makemkv do the magic through a command line utility script

Sort of like this:
http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=7045.0
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Selecting individual tracks from CLI is on the list for a long time. It should be implemented soon.
agillis

Post by agillis »

Good to know. MakeMKV is already the best command line DVD ripper by far this feature would really put it over the top. It's important that MakeMKV is smart about the way it selects subs and audio tracks. I can already select the longest track so selecting tracks is not that important to me but deleting subs and selecting only the English audio is.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen to your users feature requests. you guys are really building an amazing product here.
GJones

Post by GJones »

I just wanted to chime in to say you are not the only makemkvcon user with an unraid setup. I just built my box and have automated everything further down the workflow.

I will be trying to get makemkvcon to work under unraid now.
agillis

Post by agillis »

mike admin wrote:Selecting individual tracks from CLI is on the list for a long time. It should be implemented soon.
Thanks a lot for taking feature requests. It seems like a lot of people really like this one. Any idea when this will be implemented?
dig2112

Post by dig2112 »

GJones wrote:I just wanted to chime in to say you are not the only makemkvcon user with an unraid setup. I just built my box and have automated everything further down the workflow.

I will be trying to get makemkvcon to work under unraid now.
I too am interested in this type of setup. Have you make any progress in getting makemkvcon to run on unRAID?