Stuck on "Application Too Old" Error

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ponteaus

Stuck on "Application Too Old" Error

Post by Ponteaus »

I'm getting an "application too old" error from version 1.14.3, which is the most recent version available on the download page. How do I clear this error?
Woodstock

Re: Stuck on "Application Too Old" Error

Post by Woodstock »

the key in the install file expired at the end of May.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
texasbelch

Post by texasbelch »

I received the same message so I downloaded the latest version. When I try to install, I get the "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 99999.)" I can't for the life of me get it to run. I saw another thread from January where Woodstock posted a link to "viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18811" I read through the whole thing and didn't see an answer to my problem. I can't open it and can't run debug mode. Sorry, but I'm just really confused on what I should do.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Putting the error message you're getting into Google, I see a number of people having this issue with programs NOT from the Mac App Store, since they updated their MacOS. Apple has progressively made it harder to install things unless they're from the App Store. And applications like MakeMKV are probably never going to be allowed in the store.

Either Mike or one of our resident Mac users will have to tell you what the current magic incantation is to get Gate Keeper to allow MakeMKV to run.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
texasbelch

Post by texasbelch »

I found a solution so I thought I'd post it here: https://www.pratikmac.com/2018/02/how-t ... macos.html

The only thing that worked for me was to disable gatekeeper through the terminal.