Fastest DVD Backup (Mac)?

Everything related to MakeMKV
swampdaddy

Fastest DVD Backup (Mac)?

Post by swampdaddy »

Long ago I used MacTheRipper for DVD backups (decrypting the DVD). Sometimes I still want to backup the DVD, which I believe would be the fastest way to process (get it on the hard drive) the DVD disc. So, since MakeMKV does not do backups of DVDs what options do I have as a Mac user for software to backup a dvd leaving decrypted files?

Thanks,

Robert
Lovely Rita

Re: Fastest DVD Backup (Mac)?

Post by Lovely Rita »

MacTheRipper is still around. The developer just released a point update to version 5. You can create an unencrypted ISO, among other things. Lionsgate discs throw it a curve but they do the same with all rippers as far as I know.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
swampdaddy

Post by swampdaddy »

Is there something better than MTR?

Thanks,

R
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Wouldn’t know.
It was the only DVD ripper I ever used until I bought makemkv, about 6 years ago. These days I rarely even mess with a DVD, unless I cannot find what I want on BR. This year I bet I’ve only ripped 2 or 3.

Anything better?
It all gets back to what you want it to do and for my needs these two rippers are all I need.
Buy MakeMKV
BlueMac77

Post by BlueMac77 »

swampdaddy wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:05 am
Is there something better than MTR?

Thanks,

R
You can check out this link on a list of DVD Rippers for Mac OSX that might help. I rarely do DVD as disc image backups and most of the time I use MakeMKV to save DVD movies.

https://www.cisdem.com/resource/free-dv ... n-mac.html
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

More of a plug for Cisdem’s product than an objective review of all DVD rippers. FFmpeg and Handbreak aren’t even rippers. :shock:
Buy MakeMKV