Registration code doesn't work?

Everything related to MakeMKV
ljw1004

Registration code doesn't work?

Post by ljw1004 »

I installed MakeMKV 1.14.4 for Windows yesterday, and purchased it online, and got over email a purchase registration code of the form "M-[42chars]_[23chars]"

When I launch it, it says "This application is too old. Please download the latest version or enter a registration key [OK/Register]". The OK button terminates the app. I clicked the "register" button and typed in my code (I tried both the full version, and a version without the leading "M-" in case that was mistake).

In both cases it just pops up a dialog box that says "Registartion [sic] code is incorrect [OK]", and simply terminates the app when I click OK. (I also tried using the beta code that had been posted to this forum, but the beta code gives the same results as my purchased code).

I tried emailing support@makemkv.com yesterday but maybe they're too busy to respond, so I thought maybe this forum might get me going quicker. If anyone knows how to register MakeMKV, I'd love to know!
d00zah

Re: Registration code doesn't work?

Post by d00zah »

Try copy/paste to apply the code (NO leading/trailing spaces). Typing it in by hand is just too prone to typos.
Sssnake

Post by Sssnake »

Same with my Key. Copy/Paste also don´t work.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Copy from what email program?

Some email programs (Outlook to name a particularly common one) will insert formatting information in to a copy-to-clipboard. When you paste it in somewhere else (like MakeMKV in your case), that formatting information causes issues. It's a tech support nightmare. Basically, if you copy from any Microsoft product, you have invisible garbage in with what you think you have.

I keep a text editor (no special formatting codes allowed) open all the time, so I paste anything copied from a "fancy" program into a blank buffer, then select and re-copy the text to the clipboard, without the invisible formatting information.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

In Windows you can use the buildin "Editor" app (same as Notepad) for this. Use the search function to find it.
Good Luck :)

Post by Sssnake »

I tried everyting, also by the new Version. Nothing worked. I saved the Key years ago in the editor app and gad never Problems. But after a new Windows 10 Installation I can't unlock it with my key.
I hope my english is not that bad. (I'm German)