thetoad

stream mode removed, but documentation not updated

Post by thetoad »

makemkvcon stream --upnp=1 iso:<iso>
Deprecated option ignored
MakeMKV v1.15.0 linux(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as /home/thetoad/MakeMKV_log.txt
DEBUG: Code 0 at wyvY(q/x.rwf%5T4_GB8@zS:213130122
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SG:dev_21:4'
DEBUG: Code 0 at bcAKy,,UdV0"+H2-:121269593
DEBUG: Code 2164260866 at xmIJqE(gC&!(Gp<:121264556

but this is visible at http://www.makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt

i.e. (and yes, there's a typo in there)

makemvcon stream --upnp=1 --cache=128 --bindip=192.168.1.102 --bindport=51000 --messages=-none
thetoad

Re: stream mode removed, but documentation not updated

Post by thetoad »

now to explain why I was looking at this.

I'm trying to enable decrypted bluray images (stored on my nas) to be streamed, which is actually surprisingly easy to do (i.e. libbluray data dumped to http output).

however, the resulting m2ts output is stripped of language (and chapter) metadata as it isn't part of the m2ts (though conceptually could be. So for instance, when one plays it with vlc,

was wondering if makemkv was inserting the language descriptors into its streams (and if not, if I could possibly convince mike to add them on the fly). VLC isn't a sufficient replacement (at least from my experimentation), its doesn't stream all the audio tracks and lets the end user select them, but cest la vie, probably won't be added back. will have to continue looking and trying to figure it out.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Stream mode has changed. If you check View->Preferences->Integration, you find this link which explains the changes.

Also, using the mpls files often tables things you won't get through "just" the m2ts files.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

I know all that, I'm using libbluray to parse it, which feeds me the title, but loses the metadata that isn't part of the m2ts stream.

I'm in the process of teaching myself m2ts so I can edit the stream on the fly adding the metadata back in.

In my case, the change doesn't help me as the libmmbd only impact decryption (basically it allows on to play optical disks), which is a noble goal, but I'm trying to stream already decrypted media (i.e. a MakeMKV full decrypted backup) off of my NAS. The change expects that instead of doing streaming via MakeMKV one would use vlc to stream it. In practice, VLC doesn't stream in the same way MakeMKV did (or at least with any ease, still experimenting with it)