MakeMKV Corona-Virus disount code?

Everything related to MakeMKV
javiot

MakeMKV Corona-Virus disount code?

Post by javiot »

Mike,
Thank you for all the hard work through the years. Any chance you'll do a discount code for purchasers? I've been temporarily laid off (but notified I'd start back on 5/30), and about to burn all my DVD/BR stacks laying around. Anyway, anything would be great and I hope you're doing well and staying healthy.
Jav
preserve

Re: MakeMKV Corona-Virus disount code?

Post by preserve »

Historically, discount codes have not been offered for MakeMKV.

It's free to use... if it wasn't, I could see discount codes being made available from time to time in order to encourage sales.

I'd say use it and enjoy, and if/when you're in a position that you can support it by purchasing a permanent key, do so then!
javiot

Post by javiot »

Hi preserve, thanks for your reply. I get it, and totally agree. But as someone who jumped on the bandwagon of AnyDVD in 2008, then got screwed when it went to Redfox/Elby for my "lifetime" license, I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth. At one point, before I even knew about MakeMKV, I bought a lifetime key for DVDFab Passkey which has served me well for decoding and .iso building for years. Then one blackfriday sale I took a chance with the same people again with the rebranded "anydvd slysoft" and bought the lifetime CloneBD...again. That left me really with just a need for my DVD (6GB) backups. A few years ago I stumbled on MakeMKV and it does exactly what I need it to do. However, for MY purposes (selfish I guess), I would really use it for just DVDs initially. The libredrive (my burner is libredrive compatible) interests me so I'll definately keep an eye on it as it could be my go-to for UHD/4K someday. Anyway, as you can see I'm not new to this and just figured if there were people out there similar to me, who have been using this wonderful product in "beta" for free, a $39 (average going rate for a billion DVD backup knockoff products out there) pill would be enticing enough to help fund the cause instead of "freewaring" it in perpetuity. At some point I'll buy it, just with the world markets/virus etc and me sitting at home "waiting" and coming up with crafty things to do, I thought I'd ask. I meant no disrespect to the great works of Mike et al, and all the forum people who are quick to respond and help everyone out.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

I’ll be selling some discounted codes soon stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
javiot

Post by javiot »

Very cool, thanks jonghotti!
Raphdude

Post by Raphdude »

Mike,
Pardon me for asking, but is there any chance that the makemkv free beta key will be extended after May 31 because of the COVID-19? $$'s been really tough. That said, I'd be up for a discount code, especially if it were for a lifetime license. I too, was burned by Anysoft after anydvd changed hands.
Please let me know.
All my best,
Raphdude
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging