Purchased key doesn't work

Everything related to MakeMKV
dnmuxo

Purchased key doesn't work

Post by dnmuxo »

I purchased a key several months back and everything worked great. A couple of days ago I had to reinstall window, so I downloaded a new copy of MakeMKV. When I went to enter my registration key I was told it was the wrong key. But I had copied it to a vault on my computer when i bought it so I know it is the correct key. What do I do now? There is no email address I can find to get help.
Woodstock

Re: Purchased key doesn't work

Post by Woodstock »

support@makemkv.com is the address you're looking for.

However, try typing the key in, OR copy it to a text editor like notepad (not wordpad), then reselect it, then copy/paste to MakeMKV.

Many modern programs ass-u-me you want all the text formatting to accompany copied text. MakeMKV does NOT, and the key will fail if it has that text formatting included. You have to prevent Windows (or MacOS, for that matter) from "helping".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dnmuxo

Post by dnmuxo »

Thanks for the info.

However, I copied the key from the email straight to a Notepad file when I received it, and then pasted it into the registration pop-up in MakeMKV. Worked fine. Unfortunately I have lost the email.

Today I copied the key from Notepad to Textpad, then copied from Textpad to the registration pop-up in MakeMKV. I still got the error that the key was not correct.

I then typed the key in four times, each time checking carefully with the original in my Notepad file. I got the same error every time.

I then copied the key at the top of this forum. Same result.

I am running out of options. Any chance I can get a new permanent key? I really like MakeMKV, but I paid $50 for a key that I only was able to use once. And now I cannot even use the free key.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Getting a permanent key replaced always goes through Mike, and that's the support@makemkv.com address.

The original email would have come from avangate.com or possible "2CO" (to check out), their new brand.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

Can be same problem as this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22161
Good Luck :)