Key purchase - pre purchase question - Docker

Everything related to MakeMKV
StarLord

Key purchase - pre purchase question - Docker

Post by StarLord »

Hi, I want to describe my use case before purchasing, hopefully someone has had a similar use case before.

I run MakeMKV through docker on the UnRaid platform. I have multiple disc drives, as a result, I have multiple containers of MakeMKV (One for each drive.)
If I purchased a key, would it cover each instance I have of MakeMKV running on this system, or would one have to buy a key for each container of MakeMKV?

Thank you
Woodstock

Re: Key purchase - pre purchase question

Post by Woodstock »

Mike has said the key is for one user, with nothing said about how many instances that user is running. I use mine on up to three machines at a time... one user.

Running it on your FRIEND'S machine while you're using it, that's more than one user.

Oh, and the "packager" versions, like Docker and Flatpak, are not from Mike; Those are where someone else packaged up MakeMKV to "help" people.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
StarLord

Re: Key purchase - pre purchase question

Post by StarLord »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:24 pm
Mike has said the key is for one user, with nothing said about how many instances that user is running. I use mine on up to three machines at a time... one user.

Running it on your FRIEND'S machine while you're using it, that's more than one user.

Oh, and the "packager" versions, like Docker and Flatpak, are not from Mike; Those are where someone else packaged up MakeMKV to "help" people.
Thanks for the reply,

It does now give me pause to consider whether these docker images would even validate correctly as they aren't Mike's direct software release.
Woodstock

Re: Key purchase - pre purchase question - Docker

Post by Woodstock »

People have asked Mike when he is going to choose a package for distribution. I've never seen him answer. You really cannot choose ONE, because the "portable packages" are just as insular as the "distribution packages".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging