GUI - Long source path increases window size

Everything related to MakeMKV
eladkse

GUI - Long source path increases window size

Post by eladkse »

Per the title, loading a BD file with a long source path causes the GUI window to become wide enough to accommodate showing the entire path on-screen. This can result in the window being wider than the screen resolution of the desktop.

This becomes the minimum width of the GUI window, and so it is not possible to resize it manually to be any narrower.

Worse, the window becomes even wider still once you start extracting video, as the source path then includes the playlist file at the end of it.

Perhaps instead of making the window grow, the displayed source path should be truncated in the GUI to fit the existing window size? After all, the specific source file is written right underneath it.

(Posting in the Linux area as I don't know if this affects other OSes or not. Running version 1.15.1)
AffSeda

Re: GUI - Long source path increases window size

Post by AffSeda »

What distro? I've tried reproducing this in Debian and I can always resize the window.

Or was your path even longer than this?

I created
/tmp/my/extremely/long/path/i/made/to/test/this/resize/thing/out/of/boredom/at/0239/in/the/morning/because/i/cant/sleep/and/i/have/no/coffee/left/why/did/i/agree/to/work/this/night/
and put an ISO of a BD in it.
eladkse

Post by eladkse »

Same distro - Debian. My path was of a similar length - you can see the rough size in the screenshot.

However, I have also just tried this in Windows with the same result, so this does not seem to be OS specific.

Just to double check we're doing the same thing here, with the long path loaded please try resizing your window so that it is as narrow as possible.

(If a mod can move this to the General Discussion board, would appreciate it!)
AffSeda

Post by AffSeda »

I've been able to confirm your outcome. It's far more noticeable with a normal theme instead of the weird font the work machine used, but now that I look at the screenshots from that it's there too. I imagine this would be quite irritating on a laptop...