Feature Request:Flac Audio Conversion

Everything related to MakeMKV
BluFix

Re: Feature Request:Flac Audio Conversion

Post by BluFix »

+1 for FLAC for MakeMKV. However, I've noticed that sometimes (not too often, but it happens), when I use eac3to to demux video, audio, subtitles and convert to FLAC at the same time, the final mkv output can be corrupt (playback stops at specific points). I am not sure what causes this, but with FLAC conversion added, the hard disk and CPU activity increase significantly, so if the user does other stuff too (copying files, watching video files or whatever) it could interfere with the output. My point being that simultaneous FLAC conversion might require extra care.
robpdotcom

Post by robpdotcom »

According to the author of eac3to, it's best to use eac3to to convert from the disc (or a disc saved to a hdd). I do it that way, and I've never had any issues.
holunder2

Post by holunder2 »

@mike admin:
How do you think to implement this? TrueHD seems to be open documented or at least reverse engineered for decoding. But nobody yet has cracked DTS-HD MA in the open source community and it seems that you have to pay thousands of dollar to get the specification for your software... Just asking. It would be awesome to have this feature, and if you could make your decoder open so that open source players can integrate native DTS-HD MA playing support. :)
GreggP

Post by GreggP »

still no progress on this???
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Unlikely for the next version, very likely for the one after.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

twa000 wrote:Mike, I know this is perhaps asking for a lot, and you may have seen the request before, but how would you feel about putting a list together of the features/requests that you accept as future improvements for Makemkv, and perhaps just indicate those that are being looked at for the next ?/release?
Would be cool to have this. If you're crazy you could add some poll as well to make people vote for what to implement next ;) I guess the percentage of people interesting in being able to reorder streams far outweighs those whose standalones can't at least downmix HD streams.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
paulster

Post by paulster »

mike admin wrote:Unlikely for the next version, very likely for the one after.
How about just PCM -> FLAC for the time being as that's the one causing problems out in the wild?

I'm sure people who don't have TrueHD or DTS-HD MA decoders are already putting in a non-HD stream at the moment that they can use properly in the meantime.
ryanjk333

Post by ryanjk333 »

paulster wrote:
mike admin wrote:Unlikely for the next version, very likely for the one after.
How about just PCM -> FLAC for the time being as that's the one causing problems out in the wild?

I second that for sure!!
MakeMKV registered!
LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30
Popcorn Hour C-200