MCU Set - Iron Man 2 - Extras

Everything related to MakeMKV
Faber

MCU Set - Iron Man 2 - Extras

Post by Faber »

I just bought the Phase 1 MCU box set a few days ago and it arrived yesterday. Understandably, I started ripping ASAP. I just got back into physical media a couple years ago - after a ten-year stint in iTunes.

But more to the point, I'm currently on Iron Man 2. I got it copied it it this afternoon and I currently have the main feature queued up in Handbrake. I don't usually get into extras, but I kinda had to with the MCU. I noticed that there are a bunch of extra clips on the disc that don't seem to correspond to anything in the disc menu. What's going on here? Did I miss something in the menu? Or are these clips extended versions that are supposed to be spliced into the main feature by the Blu-Ray player as a way of discouraging so-called "pirates"?
Woodstock

Re: MCU Set - Iron Man 2 - Extras

Post by Woodstock »

A lot of short sections of video are part of various "cuts" of a movie, scenes that are only present in the theatrical or director cuts. The play list dictates when they are used. They aren't really "extras", unless they're being promoted as "missing scenes".

But, that's just a wild guess, based on some of the movies I've ripped.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Faber

Post by Faber »

Oh, okay. I know it probably seemed like a dumb question, but I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss something in the menu or anything like that. I just wanted to be sure before I just gave up on them and deleted them from my hard drive. I'm just glad to find out now instead of wasting any more time trying to identify them. Thanks, Woodstock!
Jordbrett

Post by Jordbrett »

Checkout a website called dvdcompare or something like that. It lists all the extras and time codes. I'm using it now to handle my extras.