Adding Audio Commentaries to master MKV file....

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
swampdaddy

Adding Audio Commentaries to master MKV file....

Post by swampdaddy »

I'm ripping my copy of WALL-E and it seems that the Director's and Crew Commentary are each in different in MKV files. So I want to add the two audio files from two different MKV files to the master MKV file. I'm using MKVToolNix GUI v51.0.0 and where I dragged in all the MKV files as source files. I turned off all assets in the two extras MKV files such that only the audio track I wanted was showing as "To Be Copied". Then I started multiplexing where I noticed two warnings, "matroska_reader: Could not keep the track UID 2 because it is already allocated for the new file."

So, am I doing this correctly, the way I'm adding these audio tracks....?

Also, what do you make of the warning? I'm not sure what this means exactly and how this might affect my expected output.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.02.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.02.29 PM.png (748.09 KiB) Viewed 7937 times
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.01.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.01.15 PM.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 7937 times
swampdaddy

Re: Adding Audio Commentaries to master MKV file....

Post by swampdaddy »

When I add the Crew Commentary (from 116.mpls) to the proper master MKV (81.mpls), the audio is not in sync with the video. The audio is delayed by about 14 seconds since the video that the audio track came from has a small extra segment (theater crowd in silhouette) and the master MKV does not have this. So, how can I get the alignment right for this file?

Thanks!