Feature request: Preference setting for defaulting to opening disc

Everything related to MakeMKV
Cannikin

Feature request: Preference setting for defaulting to opening disc

Post by Cannikin »

99% of the time when inserting a disc I just open it and then select the tracks to rip. I'd love a Preference setting that lets me default to opening the disc automatically so I don't have to wait for the initial read and *then* click the button to open the disc. It's a small thing, but would save a bit of time. :) Others might always perform a Backup, so maybe the Preference has a couple of options like:

Code: Select all

After initial read:  0 Do nothing (default)
                     O Open disc
                     O Perform backup
If you need to override the preference for that other 1% of the time when you want to do something different, maybe you could hold Alt during the initial read and then it would stop and wait as usual. Just so you don't have to go back to Preferences and change the setting for 1 disc.

You're the best Mike!
mike admin

Re: Feature request: Preference setting for defaulting to opening disc

Post by mike admin »

Cannikin wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:25 pm
99% of the time when inserting a disc I just open it and then select the tracks to rip. I'd love a Preference setting that lets me default to opening the disc automatically so I don't have to wait for the initial read and *then* click the button to open the disc.
Hmmm.
Checkbox at "disc scan" progress bars saying something like "open this disc once finished"?
And the same checkbox at "save/backup" progress bars saying "eject when finished (without error)"?

I've promised to do these for about 5 years or so... :(
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

Oooo yes, auto-ejecting the disc would be amazing as well, that was going to be my next feature request. :D

Would the state of those checkboxes be remembered for the following disc and even re-opening of the app? I can't speak for everyone else but I would *love* that for my own workflow!
mreedelp2

Post by mreedelp2 »

I would like to put in a NO vote on automatically ejecting a disk once finished.

There are too many TV series disks where the episodes are out of order and one has to use another program to view each episode and compare to the ripped files. Yes, it is an easy thing to push the tray back in, except in my case, the computer is across the room. I use the computer hooked up to my TV to rip my disks, then sit on the couch doing other things on my computer while the disk rips. Once done, then I can quickly open the viewing program and compare to get the correct episodes, when needed.

There is very little effort in clicking the eject button.
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

mreedelp2 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:26 pm
I would like to put in a NO vote on automatically ejecting a disk once finished.
I don't think we're talking about this becoming the default behavior, it's just an option you can turn on if you want.
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

I would love a default behavior to unselect all subtitle tracks. Even in the native language, it sometimes involves 20 clicks or more to turn off all the tracks!
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

Krawk wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:06 pm
I would love a default behavior to unselect all subtitle tracks. Even in the native language, it sometimes involves 20 clicks or more to turn off all the tracks!
Did you know you can right-click on any of them and pick "Unselect All"? I can't speak for Windows, but that feature works on the Mac!