M2TS with Multi-Channel LPCM not playing in WMP12 x64!!!

Everything related to MakeMKV
BigADevry

M2TS with Multi-Channel LPCM not playing in WMP12 x64!!!

Post by BigADevry »

It seems that any Blu-ray that I use MakeMKV to extract the main movie and the multi-channel PCM audio to an mkv will not play the audio in WMP12 x64 or 32 in 7MC. Is there any know issues with this type of audio and the mkv container around this m2ts? Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried a few Blu-rays such as House of Flying Daggers, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Shark007 checked the sample I sent him and he said that it seems to be the container because the pure m2ts file without the mkv container played the audio.
skittle

Re: M2TS with Multi-Channel LPCM not playing in WMP12 x64!!!

Post by skittle »

Solution: Dont use WMP12, Switch to MPC-HC or pretty much anything else.
markb

Post by markb »

LPCM audio from MakeMKV has not worked ever...LPCM will not play in latest MPC-HC either.
BigADevry

Post by BigADevry »

I guess that is a solution but why not investigate why this format is not playing with all but one player? Seems MakeMKV should not be player specific. Markb, why is that (LPCM audio from MakeMKV has not worked ever...LPCM will not play in latest MPC-HC either.)? Is that by design or some limitation other than neglect?
markb

Post by markb »

Don't know. I have never been able to get LPCM audio tracks to play in any MKV player using MakeMKV.
I use EAC3TO/MKVtoolnix with LPCM audio Blu-Ray titles.
markb

Post by markb »

It appears that players cannot identify LPCM audio tracks made with MakeMKV (Windows 7 Media Center, MPC-HC, or VLC)
Haali splitter doesn't see these LPCM tracks either.
markb

Post by markb »

The latest Mplayer plays the LPCM track properly.
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

One note:

I don't believe the problem is with "LPCM in files made with MakeMKV" but rather "LPCM in .MKV containers made by any software." In other words, it has nothing to do with MakeMKV but is a limitation in most players in dealing with LPCM when in an MKV container.

Marc