My original BluRay discs became unreadable

Everything related to MakeMKV
music613

My original BluRay discs became unreadable

Post by music613 »

I have made numerous BluRay discs which work perfectly well - for a while. I am noticing now that discs I've made as recently as six months ago have become unreadable - either by the BluRay drive on my PC, or by my BluRay player (which, by and large, works perfectly well with "most" commercially produced discs).

I have read that certain manufacturers have somehow built deterioration into the blank BluRays - and there are times when, with a blank disc, my PC will report "writing disc failed."

I have tried the power-down-disconnect method, to clear any residual memory of discs played. When reconnecting and powering up, the "defective" disc will play as it did at first, but perhaps 30 minutes of data into the disc, it fails - and when reloading the disc, my pc can't read it.

Are there any specific brands of BluRay discs that are stable, and not subject to this problem? If so, who makes them, or, better yet, who sells them?

I've spent hundreds of hours, for example, assembling the movie of my daughter's wedding, and even wrote the score for what turned out to be a 171 minute film. Now, the discs are unusable, and my daughter and son-in-law who live in Cape Town, South Africa, have reported the same problem.

Any thoughts, please??? :(
Woodstock

Re: My original BluRay discs became unreadable

Post by Woodstock »

Writing disks is not something this forum is for; this is reading them.

Your best bet would be a forum that specializes in disk authoring.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging