MakeMKV thinks AnyDVD is running

Everything related to MakeMKV
ocostich

MakeMKV thinks AnyDVD is running

Post by ocostich »

If I use, then close, AnyDVD and run MakeMKV, it warns that AnyDVD is running. Looking at the processes in Task Manager, the AnyDVD process is not found.

If it is simply an annoyance I'm not concerned buy if it effects the mkv I am making, it does. This happens on both my systems, which are Win7 x64 but otherwise very different. MakeMKV version is 1.6.4. Should I be concerned?
setarip_old

Re: MakeMKV thinks AnyDVD is running

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Actually, the wording of that is a bit misleading. It should say that, "It appears that you used a program other than MakeMKV to decrypt/create this file. This could create problems when using MakeMKV".

ocostich

Post by ocostich »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!

Actually, the wording of that is a bit misleading. It should say that, "It appears that you used a program other than MakeMKV to decrypt/create this file. This could create problems when using MakeMKV".

Interesting. If I reboot, it doesn't say it the next time I open the decrypted file in MakeMKV and it doesn't come up if I used DVDFab to decrypt.

What kind of problems can this method cause?
skittle

Post by skittle »

Lots, read through the forums... having anydvd running, or ripping first with anydvd has been known to corrupt streams.

MakeMKV does not need anydvd or dvdfab to decrypt... so just leave them disabled and rip with makemkv.