I recently reformatted but can't get a setting right

Everything related to MakeMKV
boe_d

I recently reformatted but can't get a setting right

Post by boe_d »

Hello,

I just formatted my computer using Win 11. I installed Makemkv 1.17.1.

For some reason it tries to shift my output folder to g:\video. I want it to be g:\complete

I have the video tab under preferences set to g:/complete - set for auto - I can't edit it or click on the folder icon even though I'm logged in as admin and running as admin - I shouldn't want to change it anyways. When I change it to custom I can change the directory but it doesn't matter as it still wants to output to g:\video even if I manually select another folder.

THe makemkv data directory is G:\complete - which is what I want in preferences.

THe output file name in preferences does not include a folder.

I can change the output folder manually on the default opening page - however I don't recall doing that every time in my previous set up.
Billycar11

Re: I recently reformatted but can't get a setting right

Post by Billycar11 »

it defaults to wherever the most space is but remembers your choice in the drop down
the data directory is something different it store sdf setting and junk in there
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
boe_d

Re: I recently reformatted but can't get a setting right

Post by boe_d »

Thanks - I don't think I ever had this issue before. It always went to g:\complete before the reformat. G:\complete and g:\video (a folder that does not exist) would have the same free space since they are on the same drive. I just saw someone else post the same question so I'm guessing it might be new to the latest release.