skipped titles

Everything related to MakeMKV
jamesevarts3

skipped titles

Post by jamesevarts3 »

how can I have makemkv show the skipped titles and not assume I don't want to rip them. i want all the titles, not just the ones makemkv think i want
Woodstock

Re: skipped titles

Post by Woodstock »

Why are they being "skipped"?

If it's because they are "too short", reduce your minimum time requirement to zero.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
moviemaniac1989

Post by moviemaniac1989 »

I am having a similar issue. Mine is a DVD of 19 short subjects. It showed shorts 8-19 and let me rip them without any problems, but skipped the first seven shorts even though I reduced the minimum time requirement to zero. Does anyone know why it may be skipping those tracks and how I can fix this issue?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

You can open everything using manual mode - https://www.makemkv.com/manualdvd/
jamesevarts3

Post by jamesevarts3 »

they are skipped bc they are the same length as another item...my min time is already at 0 and i don't understand the manual mode link
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Same LENGTH would be unusual, because sizes are expressed in rather large units. Same CONTENTS would be a different story, though. Generally, that's where multiple file names point to the same records on the disk. Even when they point to the same physical records, the parameters can be different to create a different title. Such as "play this code when 'English' turned on" or "play this code when 'French' is turned on."

Mike's suggestion of using manual mode to open the disk turns off a lot of MakeMKV's automatic duplication prevention code. It essentially lets you tell MakeMKV to read stuff in ways it won't normally use.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

That's all well 'n good if you're ripping a DVD, but where's the "Manual Mode" for Blu-rays?!?!

(The OP didn't state what format they were referring to, and we're in the "General discussion" sub-forum.)

I run across this all the time...
Title 00201.mpls is equal to title 00000.mpls and was skipped
..but it's NOT EQUAL at all! Sure it has the same segment map, but in the case of the file above, it had different chapters that referred to the Picture-In-Picture content (skip to the next inset video, etc.).

The only way around this is to do one pass with that file skipped as above, then rename 00000.mpls in the backup folder to force MakeMKV to allow me access to 00201.mpls, then do another rip just to get those chapters!

That can get really tedious when you have four or five "is equal to" playlists to check.

I know MakeMKV needs to be simple enough so noobs can work it 'straight-out-of-the-box', but it needs some kind of advanced features that allow for things like this (don't even get me started on PiP tracks).