Old version message

Everything related to MakeMKV
Philbert

Old version message

Post by Philbert »

I am getting the message that my version is too old, but the only download is v 1.17.4. Why is this?
I have found no posts addressing this...is there a secret forum or something that I am not aware of?
Bran84

Re: Old version message

Post by Bran84 »

Getting the same thing... Iver uninstalled it like 4 times and still nothing. Following just to see if you get any info.
Voltaic

Post by Voltaic »

I am also having this issue. I tried to uninstall and reinstall a couple of times with the same result.
Philbert

Post by Philbert »

I sent an admin a pm, and no reply. I think they are ignoring us beta users, hoping we'll cough up some cash. Maybe?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Have you read thru the FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.? The solution may be as simple as applying the latest beta key.
Voltaic

Post by Voltaic »

@d00zah

That fixed the problem. I didn't consider it since it expires at the end of the month. Thank you!
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Voltaic wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm
@d00zah

That fixed the problem. I didn't consider it since it expires at the end of the month. Thank you!
No worries, but as Woodstock points out in another thread, be aware...
Woodstock wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:36 pm
Also note that the current key expires in a few days, so you'll have to do it again when the new key is issued.
sweharris

Post by sweharris »

Philbert wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:47 pm
I sent an admin a pm, and no reply. I think they are ignoring us beta users, hoping we'll cough up some cash. Maybe?
If you look at the main download page, 1.17.5 was just released for Windows and Mac today
MakeMKV v1.17.5 (25.9.2023)
I expect the Linux beta version will be out in due course.

Indeed, the files appear to be on the download site, but it's possible the forum post hasn't been updated.

https://www.makemkv.com/download/makemk ... 7.5.tar.gz
https://www.makemkv.com/download/makemk ... 7.5.tar.gz

I haven't tested them, yet.
Philbert

Post by Philbert »

Thanks for the heads up...
Philbert

Ver 1.17.5

Post by Philbert »

Seems faster and better at dealing with episodes on an old disc...nice.
Cardinal

Post by Cardinal »

I got the 2 tar.gz files linked above, and used 7-zip to extract everything to standard folders. I don't know what the difference between them is really, but I used both. I can't find a .exe or .msi file to install with, and I'm stuck on how to proceed.

Also, I put in the beta code from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053, but that did not work for the 17.4 version. Also, the registration box come up only after the program has put up the notice of the 17.4 version being too old, allowed for the registration button to be clicked, then announced a fatal error and closed the main program.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Cardinal wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:43 am
I got the 2 tar.gz files linked above, and used 7-zip to extract everything to standard folders. I don't know what the difference between them is really, but I used both. I can't find a .exe or .msi file to install with, and I'm stuck on how to proceed.

Also, I put in the beta code from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053, but that did not work for the 17.4 version. Also, the registration box come up only after the program has put up the notice of the 17.4 version being too old, allowed for the registration button to be clicked, then announced a fatal error and closed the main program.
IF you are looking for a .msi/.exe, I will assume you are running Windows. Those archives linked above are for linux installs.

Try https://www.makemkv.com/download/ for the Windows installer.
Cardinal

Post by Cardinal »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:30 am
Try https://www.makemkv.com/download/ for the Windows installer.
Thanks, the 17.5 file just wasn't there when I kept trying to reinstall. I guess there's this gap between one version expiring and another being posted. I've never heard of a system like that.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

That was not intentional...
Voltaic

Post by Voltaic »

@Philbert

Thanks for the PM, I'm new here and hadn't seen it and can't figure out how to reply :shock: :lol: