Unit Attention, Wrong Volume, and other errors

Everything related to MakeMKV
briansemerick

Unit Attention, Wrong Volume, and other errors

Post by briansemerick »

Error 'Scsi error - UNIT ATTENTION:POWER ON, RESET, OR BUS DEVICE RESET OCCURRED' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00274.m2ts' at offset '35509370880'
Error 'OS error - {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on hs was not completed before the time-out period expired' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00274.m2ts' at offset '35509893120'
Error 'OS error - {Verifying Disk} The media has changed and a verify operation is in progress so no reads or writes may be performed to the device, except those used in the verify operation' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '35509893120'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00274.m2ts' at offset '35511558144'
Error 'OS error - {Wrong Volume} The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume hs into drive hs' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '35511558144'

Has anyone seen this combo before? Been ripping hundreds of discs and I've not seen this happen. Uncorrectable Error is normal, just a dirty disc (this one hasn't been touched before though, brand new). But the others - don't know what's up.

This is THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN_t00 UHD.

edit: previously it failed at about 30GB. It's already through 60GB of it now and all I did was retry - I didn't even open the tray. So weird.

it ripped perfectly the second attempt, no adjustment.
dcoke22

Re: Unit Attention, Wrong Volume, and other errors

Post by dcoke22 »

Is your drive powered by USB? If so, make sure both connectors are attached to high powered USB ports. MakeMKV can spin a drive fast enough that the drive can use more power than a single USB port can provide.