VERY EFFECTIVE fix for Scratched Blu-Rays...

Everything related to MakeMKV
artphotodude

VERY EFFECTIVE fix for Scratched Blu-Rays...

Post by artphotodude »

So have finally got around to giving this a try (will be buying FOR SURE, as soon as my next check comes in) and like a lot of people here have run across the occasional Blu-Ray that won't read properly. With DVDs, this often isn't a big deal (unless the shiny undercoating is failing), but obviously, buffing Blu-Rays doesn't work very well, and I've not had wax work at all.

BUT I accidently run across a serious fix (has worked on two discs now). I am a watch-repair hobbiest and have a little tube of a compound called Polywatch (can find easily on places like Amazon or Ebay) for removing scratches from plastic watch crystals. Just a tiny dab - rub into the scratch, wipe off excess and repeat if needed. For $7, this might be the ultimate fix to save that rare or expensive Movie!!!
kimjay10112358

Re: VERY EFFECTIVE fix for Scratched Blu-Rays...

Post by kimjay10112358 »

[Translator]

Smooth grinding of the surface using abrasive can be a great help in reading the information on the disk correctly.

However, another problem may arise if you intensively polish only certain areas with scratches.
Problems like the center of gravity moving away from the center of the disk, or the gentle curvature of the surface causing the refraction of the laser.
If it's a very shallow scratch, you don't have to worry too much about the above problem.

Still, the best thing to do is to polish the entire disk, not a part of it, and use a polishing machine, not a hand.