MakeMKV resetting dvd drive region code

Everything related to MakeMKV
John&theScoobyGang

MakeMKV resetting dvd drive region code

Post by John&theScoobyGang »

Hi,

Last week I had used MakeMKV for the first time and I ripped just over 10 dvds in a a single day all of which are real authentic dvds from my own region 2 code and not imported or anything, and all was fine until I got to ripping Spirit Stallion Of The Cimarron and (my memory fails me fast) I believe on the first attempt or when I inserted the dvd into the drive there was a problem and at the same time my dvd/bluray drive vanished from the MY COMPUTER area where you can see and access all the drives, so I restarted my computer and all was fine and went to ripping the Spirit dvd again but it only could rip the bonus content so I guess it was copy protected well enough so I just moved on to ripping more dvds with no problem at all.

The next morning I decided to PLAY my Star trek dvd like normal, but instead of playing it through my Cyberlink powerdvd software like normal I had a popup telling me that the dvd does not match my region code and it gave me the option to change my region code telling me I had 5 changes left, but of course I had chosen region 2 on the day I got my dvd drive but it was telling me that my region code was set to region 1 all of a sudden, so I went to double check under the dvd drive properties itself and under the dvd region tab and for some reason on there it was saying I had only 4 resets left not the 5 the other window was telling me so clearly something was wrong, and then I uninstalled MakeMKV and restart pc first and it was still telling me I was region 1, so in the end I reset it to my region 2 like it had always been until the very 24 hours of using MakeMKV and that is the only thing I can think of since the timing of me using the software to my dvd drive being set to region 1 all of a sudden.

In the end I used up one of my resets and now I only have 3 left and I am too worried to risk using MakeMKV again without some kind of idea of what could of gone wrong.

My dvd/bluray drive is the LG bh16ns40 and I am on Windows 7. Does anyone know why my dvd drive changed to region 1 without a warning while using MakeMKV? thank you for any insight you may have on this.
Konten

Re: MakeMKV resetting dvd drive region code

Post by Konten »

I have had this happen to me as well and I'm on MacOS. Not sure whether it's a bug in MMKV but it does concern me. I now use different drives for R1 and R2 DVDs.