[Feature Request] multiple languages and database support

Everything related to MakeMKV
jackydany

[Feature Request] multiple languages and database support

Post by jackydany »

Hi,

i am quite new to the makemk program but already fell in love with it.
i purchased 2 internal bd drives which i (want to) flash to libredrive and 2 dvd for additional ripping.
with 2 usb drives, my little tower now has 3x BD and 3x DVD drives.
works prefectly :D

As i started to convert my library, i wondered if it would be possibel to include some features for makemkv.

i am germena, so i prefer the german audio and subtitle.
but i also rip the english one as well.
but i can only select one preferred language in the settings.
would it be possible to add a second preferred language (maye even more by just hitting a "+" for next language)?
would make it much easier for me.

second question:
any chance to get any database support? havent found any information using the search.
what i mean is using the OMBb API like automatic ripping machine on github claims to use.
woulid be awesome to just load a drive, all languages are selected and all metadata and title is set corresponding to the DVD/BD inserted.
maybe, wohl be even more complicated i guess, scan the barcode of the DVD or BD and fetch info this way from OMDb or other database.

I hope i am not offending anyone by my questions as i know this is not done in a day and other things have a higher priority. but i hope i can get an answer if this is worth to think about implenting it.

Kind regards and keep on the good job

Stefan
Radiocomms237

Re: [Feature Request] multiple languages and database support

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Both good ideas, but don't hold your breath! I've been making feature requests for a number of years (that was actually the reason I joined this forum), but I'm yet to see any feature request, mine or anyone else's, added to the program. Even bug reports seem to be ignored!

I haven't set a preferred language. The problem I see occasionally is that track languages are sometimes set incorrectly when the disc is authored. It doesn't happen all that often, maybe one in a hundred (or more) discs, but when it does MakeMKV wouldn't even show you the track you need.

Something I ripped the other day had a track set to "Mandingo", which is a new one for me, I'd never even heard of it before (apparently the language spoken in Gambia, West Africa), but it was definitely an English track.
Rojma

Post by Rojma »

jackydany wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 am
i am germena, so i prefer the german audio and subtitle.
but i also rip the english one as well.
but i can only select one preferred language in the settings.
would it be possible to add a second preferred language (maye even more by just hitting a "+" for next language)?
would make it much easier for me.
You can easily specify which languages to select using selection rules under the Advanced tab. For example, I want it to only select English and Spanish. I also have it select "undetermined" and "no language" in those cases where they forgot to select a language when authoring the disc (usually only happens when the content only has one language). You can also have it automatically select other items, such as ripping the 3D track (if available) and any attachments. Here is my rule:

-sel:all,+sel:(eng|spa|und|nolang),+sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang,+sel:attachment

More info here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
jackydany

Post by jackydany »

Yeah well i try anyway, even if the author doesnt reply or implement it. i am using a great tool which i couldnt develop myself. so this would be just a greater benefit than it already is for me.

thanks for the link with the advanced features. didnt know it was possible this way.

appreciate the help!