LOADS of A/V sync issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
Billycar11

Re: LOADS of A/V sync issues

Post by Billycar11 »

lundy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:55 am
I've been ripping my whole blu ray and 4k collection over the past few weeks. I'm using my desktop and my laptop simultaneously using two identical Pioneer BDR-UD04s. I noticed though that my desktop seems to rip the disks effortlessly while my laptop seems to have a log that is constantly riddled with hundreds of lines of AV sync issues. I've been spot testing all of the resulting MKVs and there doesn't seem to be any issues except for one which was morbidly unsync'd. I've swapped the drives between the comps and that helped for maybe one or two disks but the laptop is now right back to a litany of issues on every single rip. Is this a computer issue or a software issue? I know that's a hard thing to diagnose without any logs or other info so lmk what I need to provide for a better prognosis.
likely your laptop is not outputting enough power for that drive that case is power hungry.
a high powered usb hub is likely the solution
you could check by swapping drive and see if problem follows drive or the pc.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
pneumatic

Re: LOADS of A/V sync issues

Post by pneumatic »

I rarely get those sync warnings, and I think they are generally benign as you have found.

It's hard to say whether in the cases where the resulting mkv had a legitimate sync issue whether that was the mkv file being authored incorrectly or if the media player was not properly obeying timestamps and other metadata inside the mkv file. We can't really guess at what's happening without seeing a snippet of the offending file.