Uderstanding SSIF.SMAP

Everything related to MakeMKV
foxdev

Re: Uderstanding SSIF.SMAP

Post by foxdev »

Hi,
The links to the files in this thread are not working anymore. Anybody can send a new link please or share the downloaded files please.
Ingo
foxdev

Post by foxdev »

No answer? Hmm, 349 downloads but noone is willing to share? Really bad. :(
Ingo
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There is only one link in this entire thread, and that's to a commercial product called Stereoscopic Player, and that link works.

What links to what files are you claiming do not work?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:49 pm

(although that was over three years ago, it's doubtful anyone still has them.)
foxdev

Post by foxdev »

rebuild.c [1.88 KiB]
Downloaded 354 times

I'am on the research about generate virtual SSIF files and I hope to get some Infos out of this C code. I really do not have the money to buy the official Sony Specs ;(
foxdev

Post by foxdev »

Why you shared the code in the past and not now? However, I bet 100% that makemkv do not base on 100% own code. So finaly I can only say that the 340 downloaders, who are not willing to share, got to hell. It is really a poor behavior.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

A little clicking around shows that the person you're mad at hasn't visited this site since Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am, or over two years ago.
foxdev

Post by foxdev »

the "persons" I'am mad about. This is my result after clicking around. There were 340 downloads. So you will say that all this 340 downloads are gone from this forum and never came back? I do not think that all 340 downloaders never visited this site again. It is the internet, and that an information is not available after 2 or 3 years, this is mad. Also that it is not inside any archive.
So I#am just mad about all the people who catch every information but are no willing to share this information.

I'am looking around to collect ssif information because I cannot order the original Blu-ray 3D specs. Information about ssif is very rare, free information, and if some people are sitting on it without sharing this is poor.

So finally I'am not mad about a special person, I'am mad about all the downloaders that do not share.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Without looking at the files in question, though, you have no idea what the distribution rights are on them. Are they something any of those "340 downloaders" can legally repost?

Not to mention that the files have not been available since some time prior to Dec 29, 2011, and the download counter increments every time someone has clicked on the links since then (it's over 350 now), so it is unlikely that there really were 340 people who downloaded them.

Hint: Bitching about not getting something for free isn't a good way to go through life.
foxdev

Post by foxdev »

Woodstock, you are only writing bullshit. Really bullshit. Because the files are older than 2 years, it is ok that they are wiped out of the Internet. It is ok that people took this information for free but do not share it to others for free.
If you and others are not willing to share, got to hell.
foxdev

Post by foxdev »

admin, please delete my account. I do not want to be a member of those communities.
We are taking everything to GPL, all geeks and nerds stealing the code where ever they can, but if those people ask for information they just get bullshit answers.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

foxdev wrote:Woodstock, you are only writing bullshit. Really bullshit. Because the files are older than 2 years, it is ok that they are wiped out of the Internet. It is ok that people took this information for free but do not share it to others for free.
If you and others are not willing to share, got to hell.
Things happen on the internet. Contrary to what you might believe or wish for (or think the NSA is doing), THINGS DISAPPEAR FROM INTERNET WITHOUT MALICIOUS OR SPITEFUL INTENT. And, just because someone doesn't jump through hoops to make it available again does not mean they are selfish.

In the case of these files, it is probable that one of the crashes that the hosting service has had in the past 3 years is responsible for losing the attached file, but not removing the links to it.

I supported phpBB for YEARS as a VOLUNTEER, and know quite well the kinds of things that can happen. Attachments are not kept in the database, so you have to be VERY CAREFUL in moving a phpBB site from one machine to another, to make sure you get all the files that are in your attachments directory. This also means that, if a machine crashes catastrophically (as in scratched disks), you can recover the message base from the SQL server (or backups of same), but attached files are likely lost forever... unless the attachments directory is explicitly included in the backup/restore process.

As for those evil, selfish people who downloaded it before it disappeared and callously refuse to heed your righteous request to take time out of their days and re-upload it so that you can have it, how many of them are still around? With no logging of who downloads what, we can't know. The author obviously isn't around anymore. And we already know that some of those downloads didn't really happen.

Frankly, it's attitudes like yours that made me reluctant to put out support code for phpBB under GPLv2, but I did. I still host the files I created for phpBB, even though it's been over 4 years since I discontinued my relationship with phpBB, because they remain useful - and I don't want people modifying them in ways that would make them harmful, if I were to just let them loose in the wild.
jemima

Post by jemima »

In case someone still needs a tool, to re-generate the *.ssif files from the *.m2ts files using the *.ssif.smap files, I've posted one before at ssif.smap-to-ssif tool.