1.6.10 playback / seek issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
BlackDragon24

Re: 1.6.10 playback / seek issues

Post by BlackDragon24 »

testmetest wrote:
freshprince2002 wrote:So why got the MKV Engine changed? What was the problem with the old one?
And if there's a known problem with the new engine FOR A MONTH, why is there still no release with the old working engine (for compensation) and there are more pointless experiments with the new engine (v1.6.11)?

And why am i getting a message now, that 1.6.8 is too old and I'm forced to install the new NOT WORKING version? THIS SUCKS!
I want to use the Version that I like, not which one the developer wants me to use!
Not even MS forces their stuff like that!
The software is free. And in beta. Jeez. Bitch enough and the developer may call it quits.
Manners, I am afraid, have skipped a generation or two.
joe42

Post by joe42 »

testmetest wrote:
freshprince2002 wrote:So why got the MKV Engine changed? What was the problem with the old one?
And if there's a known problem with the new engine FOR A MONTH, why is there still no release with the old working engine (for compensation) and there are more pointless experiments with the new engine (v1.6.11)?

And why am i getting a message now, that 1.6.8 is too old and I'm forced to install the new NOT WORKING version? THIS SUCKS!
I want to use the Version that I like, not which one the developer wants me to use!
The software is free. And in beta.
Some of us have paid for MakeMKV. If freshprince2002 were to pay for MakeMKV, he could use v1.6.8 for as long as he wants.
twa000

Post by twa000 »

joe42 wrote:
testmetest wrote:

The software is free. And in beta.
Some of us have paid for MakeMKV. If freshprince2002 were to pay for MakeMKV, he could use v1.6.8 for as long as he wants.
Good points - also I have to say Makemkv has worked fine for me with all my MKV's, so impact is probably to just a few users.
If we never improved things we would still be using stone tools - mind you with software it does some times feel that way - never ever use the word perfect when you are talking about software, there is no such thing!!

I paid for Makemkv, because it typically does what it says on the tin, and Mike works hard to fix problems and improve the overall package, a lot better than some very well known packages
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

freshprince2002 wrote: And if there's a known problem with the new engine FOR A MONTH, why is there still no release with the old working engine (for compensation) and there are more pointless experiments with the new engine (v1.6.11)?
Funny enough the 1.6.12 was available at the time of your writing. The problem was only with AVC video streams and only when certain header was missing in a stream. This header is required to be on all blu-ray discs, and in fact we weren't able to find a single disc that had video with this header missing. On the other hand this header is often missing in torrent-downloaded blu-ray images.
freshprince2002 wrote: And why am i getting a message now, that 1.6.8 is too old and I'm forced to install the new NOT WORKING version? THIS SUCKS!
And you are absolutely free to do so, as outlined here - http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/15/catid/6 . If only you've spent one minute searching this forum.
freshprince2002 wrote:Not even MS forces their stuff like that!
This forum is very liberal and in fact had only two persons banned through its entire history. Yet I would ask for respectful discussions. Continue to post in such manner and you may very well become third one.
Sekkyo

Post by Sekkyo »

Unable to seek MKV of The Return of the King Extended Edition (Disc 2). I'm using 1.6.12 on Mac OS X Lion. Will the seek issue carry over if I have Handbrake encode the MKV to MP4?

I'll be back in a few to post a log of the configuration.
Sekkyo

Post by Sekkyo »

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.6.12 darwin(x86-release) started
Optical drive "DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-867 HA13" opened in OS access mode.
It's highly recommended to install DASPI kernel extension to improve performance.
Optical drive "BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 1.00" opened in OS access mode.
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation version, 25 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Title #00008.mpls has length of 29 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00100.mpls was added as title #0
Title #00000.m2ts has length of 100 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00999.m2ts has length of 4 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00007.m2ts was added as title #1
Title #00003.m2ts has length of 29 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00901.m2ts has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00900.m2ts has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

What player are you using? All seek-related issues were fixed in 1.6.12 .
cairano

Post by cairano »

mike admin wrote:What player are you using? All seek-related issues were fixed in 1.6.12 .
Since that Im using the 1.6.10 and higher, any MKV file created cant seek in my Samsung Blu-Ray player C5500. If I try, the video stop and need to turn off the player.