2 Issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
rod36

2 Issues

Post by rod36 »

1. And this one stops me from buying!
From DVD you can not make a mkv without subtitles. So I end up having to run the disk through DVDFAB first - subs. Then run
it through makemkv from the dvdfab folder. Don't get me wrong, nothing is faster than makemkv.

2. You have to go in after the fact to rename from title00.mkv to what you want it to be.

And the bad thing is you don't know if making these changes would slow a good program down....
Romansh

Re: 2 Issues

Post by Romansh »

Of course you can - just deselect all subtitle tracks in MakeMKV.
rod36

Post by rod36 »

Where?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Main window. That's where you select which title(s) to rip, as well as which audio and subtitle track(s) to include. Just deselect all subtitle tracks.
Icetrips

Post by Icetrips »

It's not fun having title00.mkv name.. but whatever you take as source name, you'll have to rename it anyway.
MakeMKV registered
System: Windows 7 x64 SP1, LG WH10LS30
Playback Devices: Media Player Classic, Samsung DLNA
rod36

Post by rod36 »

Found it! Didn't realize it was in a drop-down in the main title.

Guess I'll have to buy :)
rod36

Post by rod36 »

How about upgrades? Once you buy, do you get free upgrades?
skittle

Post by skittle »

Yes upgrades to latest versions :) , and the license can run on multiple computers/operating systems, (just not running simultaneously).

makemkv has very friendly developers!
jefft1970

Post by jefft1970 »

Hi,

don't mean to hijack this thread but it does seem to answer the question I was intending to ask. I am currently evaluating the beta and am thinking of buying as I have had issues backing up my blu-ray collection using a combination of AnyDVD-HD and BD-Rebuilder,Clown-BD etc on Windows7(x64). A friend at work recommended MakeMKV. I have a macbook which I dual-boot between OS X and Win7. From my research I have seen that sometimes it may be neccasary to run AnyDVD-HD in the background whilst using MakeMKV. I'd prefer if possible to use OS X exclusively but my question is can I purchase a single license and use it both on OS X and also on Windows when AnyDVD-HDis required?

Thanks

Jeff
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@jefft1970

Hi!
From my research I have seen that sometimes it may be neccasary to run AnyDVD-HD in the background whilst using MakeMKV.
That should not be necessary (And is actually UNDESIRABLE since using AnyDVD may conflict with proper processing by MakeMKV).

Please be good enough to describe SPECIFIC instancs that you believe REQUIRED using AnyDVDHD in conjunction with MakeMKV...