subtitle location

Everything related to MakeMKV
Axehandler

subtitle location

Post by Axehandler »

Does MakeMKV process the subtitle locations on bluray now? (dvd is fine)

I'm seeing all subtitles in the upper left of the screen. I can't find how to change it back.
It was being processed in the Center Bottom. and everything I have is still pointing to that location.

Thoughts? Or is this a Product of this?

(Mike : Thanks for this information - indeed, the new 1.6.10 doesn't put duration on subtitle frames. The next version will put duration back. A bug in 1.6.10 .)

Axe
vidsquibber

Re: subtitle location

Post by vidsquibber »

I don't think thats the default...hmmm
orrelljet

Post by orrelljet »

I have the same issue.

Top left corner in a fairly large font.

Is this something that might be remedied by trying an older version (1.6.8 for example)?

J.
Reiter

Post by Reiter »

This isn't due to MakeMKV, it's the player settings. It took me days to get the perfect settings in MPC-HC so that I got smooth 1080p, lossless audio and correctly placed subs. If I remember correctly, moving to Overlay Mixer and using ffdshow Audio Decoder, ffdshow subtitles filter and Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder worked. I've forgotten all of my settings since I spent an insane amount of time tinkering. Shark007 did NOT work for me, CCCP/CoreAVC did.
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

Normally I would agree with you... Except it happened on multiple computers around the same time. and I NEVER tinker with the setting on my Media Center PC... yet it now plays them there (that's how I noticed it) so I checked my settings on my main and 2ndary computers which display them the same also... Again the DVD rips are fine.

It may be something I am missing, but It does seem odd.... I've been thru FFDShow settings with a fine tooth comb as well as Haali and VSFilter Settings. Everything loaded is pointing correct. I can't even find a way to change the font that it is using. (to make it smaller)

Axe
orrelljet

Post by orrelljet »

Reiter wrote:...This isn't due to MakeMKV, it's the player settings...
Using Windows Media Player (12?) they're in the top left corner; using a WD TV Live, there are no subs at all...

Downgraded to 1.6.8 and no difference at all.
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

okay Just as a test - I loaded VLC.... it plays them Correctly... I guess I will keep digging

Axe
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

FIXED!! ;)

Course I went the long router to fix it.. uninstalled CCCP and reinstalled without the VSfilter.. checked and had NO Subtitles. Instead of installing VSFilter I found DirectVobSub and installed that instead.. subtitles are now correct! :)

DirectVobSub is an update to VSfilter... for all I know the uninstall and reinstall of VSfilter alone may have solved this. But I got it working again ;)

Axe
Reiter

Post by Reiter »

DirectVobSub! That was another thing I used to get it working! Glad you worked it out.