How do I play LPCM Audio?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Reiter

How do I play LPCM Audio?

Post by Reiter »

Hello, I've spent the last month ripping my collection to MKV with this program (1.6.8 in Win7) but I've noticed that I get an error every time I try and play a movie with LPCM audio (in MPC-HC). Are there players out there that work with this? Or anyway to fix it?

EDIT: I did find a thread that suggests converting the track to FLAC but is there another way? I just ripped like 650 BDs so I'd rather not go through them all and convert all of the tracks one by one. Seems like the conversion would take longer than the rips.
mike admin

Re: How do I play LPCM Audio?

Post by mike admin »

The whole multichannel LPCM/FLAC problem should be resolved in the next major version update. All I can say that you wouldn't need to copy all your BD discs again to fix it.
Reiter

Post by Reiter »

Awesome. Thanks for the answer!
Sidrack

Post by Sidrack »

All I can say is that there's no way for me to play those LPCM streams, no matter what I try or how I attempt to convert them, either using lossless or lossy codecs such as FLAC, AAC, etc. I wasn't even able to convert the 5 GB WAV to AAC here. And I could hear the FLAC stream using MPC-HC, but locked the program and I had to terminate the process. Tested with "No Country For Old Men" (2007) Blu-ray from Paramount.

If you had some luck converting this LPCM 5.1 track to Matrosk and listening on MPC-HC or any other program please let me know. Because I tried millions of things, nothing worked so far.
captain

Post by captain »

I'm running into this problem with Fritz Lang's "M" (along with another major problem I'll have to report elsewhere). The original German track is LPCM, and won't play back with VLC. I hear that there is a codec from Calibrated that will allow QuickTime and VLC to play these files with LPCM audio.

Another solution, that I have verified works, is to be to play the files back on a Boxee Box. ;-)