Purchasing MakeMKV - Why is it so hard?

Everything related to MakeMKV
cjc1959au

Purchasing MakeMKV - Why is it so hard?

Post by cjc1959au »

Hi,

Been trying to use MakeMKV on both my Windows box and my iMac.

Been having a lot of success with the files and want to help support the software.

Why is it so hard to purchase the software?

There is no link on the front page that leads to any sort of buy page. It took me about 30 minutes looking through the forums to find out it is makemkv.com/buy. Wouldn't it be easier just to put a link on the front page?

So then it sends me to Avangate to buy the software. Kewl, except that there is no "BUY" or "PURCHASE" button no matter which browser I use (Safari or FireFox).

Screenshots are attached below.

I want to support what I think is some good software, but I am being hamstrung at every turn.

It's no wonder people will pirate software. It's so much simpler than actually trying to buy it legally.

Sorry, I'm venting but I'm very annoyed with it being so difficult to support what I believe is some decent software.

Christopher
Safari Screenshot
Safari Screenshot
Safari.png (156.02 KiB) Viewed 10291 times
Screenshot From FireFox
Screenshot From FireFox
Firefox.png (150.8 KiB) Viewed 10291 times
mike admin

Re: Purchasing MakeMKV - Why is it so hard?

Post by mike admin »

Well, there is a "buy" button in program, under help, in about box, and in a dialog box that pops up when evaluation expires :)
As for Avangate I've never seen anything like that - normally there is a "continue" button right down the page.
Reiter

Post by Reiter »

You might not wanna have all of your personal info listed publicly.
cjc1959au

Post by cjc1959au »

I did think about the info after the event.

But as I run a business, all of that information shown is already out there and easy enough for people to find.

Christopher
argonaut

Post by argonaut »

I love MakeMKV and I have purchased it. I have complained in the past about the severe pain it is to purchase, download the software, and obtain a key. I also worry that this is a hindrance to its success. It really needs to move to a different service. I suspect Mike might not be aware of how high of a hurdle people have to overcome to buy it.
cjc1959au

Post by cjc1959au »

I think there should be a link on the home page pointing to where one goes to buy it. It took me about 30 minutes of trolling the forum to find out where to go to find the purchase page.

I've been told there is a link in the program to the purchase page, but that didn't help me as I didn't have MakeMKV open at the time.

As to how much hassle it was to purchase (and I have now after Avangate sent me an email) I was really disappointed.

I want to help support good software and I think MakeMKV is brilliant, especially where I can use it on both my Windows machines and my Macs and the fact that it gives me an unaltered video/audio file.

But it should not be so difficult to purchase. Avangate web pages are a pain to deal with. I wouldn't be surprised if they are all written for IE, because I couldn't get them to show up properly in either Firefox 6, Safari 5.1 or Opera 11.5. Not everyone has IE.

But it's now purchased and I have my license key so I am a happy chappy! :P

Christopher