[SOLVED] Change Audio-Track/Stream Name for BluRay/DVD rips

Everything related to MakeMKV
Olivier

Re: Change Audio-Track/Stream Name for BluRay/DVD rips

Post by Olivier »

Resurrecting this thread :

Any chance to have an option to leave audio track names empty rather that adding a string in it (3/2+1, Loosless...)
It takes so much time to reload each produced mkv in MkvToolnix just to empty the track name so it displays correctly in mkv players (XBMC, VLC...)

it's a simple feature (do not fill the track name) but it will save many many time !

Thanks in advance

Olivier.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

You can do this in GUI if you enable expert mode.
Q-the-STORM

Post by Q-the-STORM »

I got the current version and expert mode enabled, but I still can't leave audio stream names empty.. always reverts back to 3/2+1
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

mike admin wrote:You can do this in GUI if you enable expert mode.
Unfortunately not, latest version still does not accept an empty string and revert to the default name...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

I see. Why not put a single space as a workaround?
Q-the-STORM

Post by Q-the-STORM »

tried that, but then the audio stream name really is a single space " ", when you open it in mediainfo, so there is still a name...
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Yes, in fact it really has to be blank or null to work correctly. I'm currently ripping my whole BluRay collection (each time two audio languages and respective subtitles) and you cannot imagine the time it takes to :
  • Select video, audio, subtitles in the language I need (english and French). I did not find a way to automate selection of HD audio track only on two languages for the main movie
  • 2/ to figure out which subtitle track to take (it's a nightmare : you can have many, many occurrences of the same language with absolutely no way to distinguish which one is the real movie subtitle, the one which represents the director's comments, forced forced titles...), A preview or the ability to read the subtitle in text mode would be marvelous !
  • 2 after building the mkv, reload it in MkvToolnix to blank the name of each audio track... and save the modification
If there was a way to avoid the last step (at a reasonable coding effort from your side) it would be a real progress for me.

Anyway it does not change the pleasure I have to build my XBMC movies collection with MakeMkv, so thanks you for very the good work !
Q-the-STORM

Post by Q-the-STORM »

well you can autoselect one language, that save half the time of selecting...
what's bugging me is that it doesn't auto-select HD audio but core instead...

I currently extract the subtitles with eac3to and view them in suprip to figure out which subtitle to select... too bad the publishers don't flag them, that would make everything simpler...

having the option to leave audio names blank would definitely save half the time i spend remuxing... that should definitely be included in the next update...
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Olivier wrote:Yes, in fact it really has to be blank or null to work correctly.
I don't get it. What's the problem having a blank space in Mediainfo?
Olivier wrote:I did not find a way to automate selection of HD audio track only on two languages for the main movie
View > Preferences > Advanced > Default selection rule

-sel:all,+sel:(fra|eng|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|core),=100:all,-10:fra,-5:forced
Q-the-STORM wrote:what's bugging me is that it doesn't auto-select HD audio but core instead...
-sel:(havemulti|core)
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Chetwood wrote:I don't get it. What's the problem having a blank space in Mediainfo?
Well, if not blank the player takes the value of the field as the name, so if there is a blank space the track name will be a blank space.
If the field is empty the player takes the track specification to build the name : format, language...
Olivier wrote:I did not find a way to automate selection of HD audio track only on two languages for the main movie
View > Preferences > Advanced > Default selection rule

-sel:all,+sel:(fra|eng|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|core),=100:all,-10:fra,-5:forced
Q-the-STORM wrote:what's bugging me is that it doesn't auto-select HD audio but core instead...
-sel:(havemulti|core)[/quote]

Thanks a lot !!! Definitely not very user friendly but looks like so powerful.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Olivier wrote:Thanks a lot !!! Definitely not very user friendly but looks like so powerful.
And also - it would appear - wrong. The proper line should read

-sel:all,+sel:(fre|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),=-10:fre,-15:forced

Let us know if it works.
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Chetwood wrote:
Olivier wrote:Thanks a lot !!! Definitely not very user friendly but looks like so powerful.
And also - it would appear - wrong. The proper line should read

-sel:all,+sel:(fre|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),=-10:fre,-15:forced

Let us know if it works.
The previous line was working : French and English selected for Audio and Subs. Audio selected was "English DTS MA" + English DD (I have to remove this manually because I only keep DTS-MA) and French DTS selected (ok) but French DD was selected (removed manually too). Not too bad, only 2 clic for the audio part :-)

I will try the new line tomorrow.

What is the difference between -15:forced and the previous : -5:forced ? Is it something related to "priority or order" ?
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Olivier wrote:
I will try the new line tomorrow.

What is the difference between -15:forced and the previous : -5:forced ? Is it something related to "priority or order" ?
Just tried the new parameters : not better (worst in fact) more DD track selected that I need to manually remove. I keep the previous parameter line.

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated !
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Weird, cause the new line works as supposed for me (using german instead of french). Maybe I misunderstood what tracks you want. Also, the GUI language selection says "fre" instead of "fra", apparently both work.

-sel:all
deselect all tracks

+sel:(fre|eng|nolang)
select all tracks that are french, english, undesignated

-sel:(core)
deselects the core part of a lossless track so you keep only DTS-HD and not DTS 3/2+1

All tracks are automatically weighed at 100 so "100:all" from my previous line can be dropped. "Track weight directly correlates with track position in output file - heavy items go down, light items float up. Tracks with smaller weight value will appear closer to the top."

-10:fre
100-10=90: French tracks will be sorted before english tracks

-15:forced
100-15=85: Forced tracks will be sorted before regular tracks

Using my new line, I'm getting this result:
tracks.png
tracks.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 20002 times
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

Chetwood wrote:Weird, cause the new line works as supposed for me (using german instead of french). Maybe I misunderstood what tracks you want. Also, the GUI language selection says "fre" instead of "fra", apparently both work.

-sel:all
deselect all tracks

+sel:(fre|eng|nolang)
select all tracks that are french, english, undesignated

-sel:(core)
deselects the core part of a lossless track so you keep only DTS-HD and not DTS 3/2+1

All tracks are automatically weighed at 100 so "100:all" from my previous line can be dropped. "Track weight directly correlates with track position in output file - heavy items go down, light items float up. Tracks with smaller weight value will appear closer to the top."

-10:fre
100-10=90: French tracks will be sorted before english tracks

-15:forced
100-15=85: Forced tracks will be sorted before regular tracks

Using my new line, I'm getting this result:
tracks.png
So I'm using that :

Code: Select all

-sel:all,+sel:(fra|eng|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|core),=100:all,-10:fra,-15:forced
You are right, FRA=FRE
I just keep -sel:(havemulti) to remove stereo track when multi-chennel track exists

The rest of the profile is OK for me.

For all people looking form some documentation about profile : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
and a big thank you to Chetwood for his very valuable help.

R.