Help for a newb with commentary track problem?

Everything related to MakeMKV
ironfist73

Help for a newb with commentary track problem?

Post by ironfist73 »

Hi everyone,

I just yesterday downloaded makemkv and so far, it's performed wonderfully. But one problem I've encountered is that I can't tell what is what in the program window. Take this, for instance:

Now, I ran makemkv and got a beautiful copy of the movie that I was then able to convert to mp4 on my digital devices (using Handbrake). However, what I'm really looking to do now is to get a copy of the movie with the commentary track, and I just can't figure out how to do that.

So, could any of you give me a hand? And apparently, you'll need to type slowly for me to understand, because I'm feeling kind of dense in that I can't figure this out on my own.

Thanks!
Icanseestars

Re: Help for a newb with commentary track problem?

Post by Icanseestars »

1) Rip taking all audio tracks associated with that video stream in MakeMKV.

2) Play mkv file in VLC or other media player and cycle through audio tracks until you get the correct one and make a note of which number it is.

3) Import the mkv file into Handbrake and go to the audio tab, select source then select the desired track, lastly click on add track and set it to aac audio codec

Your media player will need to support multiple audio tracks in MP4, if it doesn't have a means of switching between audio tracks then only way to hear the commentary would be the movie with the commentary as track 1.
ironfist73

Re: Help for a newb with commentary track problem?

Post by ironfist73 »

That seems to have worked perfectly (as I'm sure you knew it would)! Thanks for taking the time to help out!