blu-ray to mkv

Everything related to MakeMKV
ratboyz

blu-ray to mkv

Post by ratboyz »

i just made a copy of one of my blu0ray movies. i used blu-ray rebuilder to just make the movie. i tried using makemkv to change it to a mkv file, but it said it couln't save the title file. it hasent worked with any of my blu-ray convertions. i used the movie object file. can somebody please tell me if i'm doing something wrong. are how should i use this program
thanks for all your help :(
Jahdoh

Re: blu-ray to mkv

Post by Jahdoh »

At present, you will need a program such as AnyDVD-HD for your original Bluray disc before using MakeMKV. Once you have Anydvdhd loaded, with few exceptions, you can then use MakeMKV right from the disc to create the MKV(s). No need to move files or rebuild.
Chiasmos

Post by Chiasmos »

Jahdoh wrote:At present, you will need a program such as AnyDVD-HD for your original Bluray disc before using MakeMKV. Once you have Anydvdhd loaded, with few exceptions, you can then use MakeMKV right from the disc to create the MKV(s). No need to move files or rebuild.
Unless there has been an immediate change Makemkv does not need AnyDVD HD with most Blu-ray Movies, as getting around the encryption is one of its main features.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4

The OP's difficulty maybe from somethings you have mentioned, maybe more like his use of files created or copied by the use of other programs, as OP mentioned Blu-ray rebuilder, so if Op used that specific program first, then that program would definitely need AnyDVD HD. The advice you gave will definitely work, but when Makemkv is pointed at the Blu-ray source Drive it should to its work in outstanding fashion, but again in most instance....without the need for AnyDVD HD. Your good advice was for OP to use Makemkv straight from Disk and don't use other means prior to Makemkv that could disrupt the use and even end up with a poor result.

Good Luck to all here that have found this fine program. :)
ratboyz

Post by ratboyz »

thanks for your help, and yes i do have anydvd. i will try to do my blu-ray's raw
thanks again