3D MVC Option

Everything related to MakeMKV
ltm82

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by ltm82 »

mike admin wrote:MakeMKV just repackages 3D stream to MKV file without any changes. This is the "standard" way to put a 3D video into MKV container, at lease that was agreed in matroska development lists.
Thanks Mike for your answer.

It seems that Cyberlink wants to try solving the issue in PDVD12/13. I have sent many mail to the German support to explain that it's a standard supported by MKV as reported in the Web site Matroska.org.

ltm82
fanbanlo

Post by fanbanlo »

I'm pretty sure my PDVD13 works. Playing 3d MVC MKV has the same quality as 3D BD playback. PDVD Support staff knows shit. You just gotta enabled the 3D output in your nVidia/AMD driver first to ensure the 3D signal is sent as HDMI 1.4 to your 3D TV
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

fanbanlo wrote:I'm pretty sure my PDVD13 works. Playing 3d MVC MKV has the same quality as 3D BD playback. PDVD Support staff knows shit. You just gotta enabled the 3D output in your nVidia/AMD driver first to ensure the 3D signal is sent as HDMI 1.4 to your 3D TV
Hi Fanbanlo,

What do you mean about "You just gotta enabled the 3D output in your nVidia/AMD driver first to ensure the 3D signal is sent as HDMI 1.4 to your 3D TV"?

In my case when i click on 3D button in PowerDVD12 and PowerDVD13 i get only a FAKE 3D.

My cpu is an AMD a10-5800k with integrated graphic HD Radeon.

Could you give us your steps to get a Real 3D (Bluray 3d Quality)?

ltm82
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

I've been trying to get PowerDVD13 to play full 3D MVC MKV files but I don't think it's working as desired. I believe it's just software rendered 3D which is also causing stuttering in the video playback. Though when I play the same 3D BD ISO using virtual clone drive I get a white line on the right side of the screen which is also not desirable.

Does anyone know of a 3D test on BD, ISO or MVC MKV that would show a separate image for each eye, to test if you have your system set-up properly? That would be the best way to test of PowerDVD 13 is working as we'd all like it to, or any other program for that matter.
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Batiatus wrote:I've been trying to get PowerDVD13 to play full 3D MVC MKV files but I don't think it's working as desired. I believe it's just software rendered 3D which is also causing stuttering in the video playback. Though when I play the same 3D BD ISO using virtual clone drive I get a white line on the right side of the screen which is also not desirable.

Does anyone know of a 3D test on BD, ISO or MVC MKV that would show a separate image for each eye, to test if you have your system set-up properly? That would be the best way to test of PowerDVD 13 is working as we'd all like it to, or any other program for that matter.

Thanks for your answer.

Another user that confirms that PDVD12/13 not reads correctly this mkv 3D

For all PDVD12/13 users i have opened an official ticket in Cyberlink to try solving the issue.

It seems that the Cyberlink support has forwarded the request to developpers team.

ltm82
fanbanlo

Post by fanbanlo »

You're right. Just checked, it's still using Software Decoding.

Only stereoscopic player @ 3dtv.at can play 3D MKV MVC.
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

fanbanlo wrote:You're right. Just checked, it's still using Software Decoding.

But it doesn't play it that well, and with no HD Audio. Step in the right direction but still not where we'd like it to be.
fanbanlo

!

Post by fanbanlo »

oh F me... ordered the KDLinks HD700 and no it does NOT play 3D MKV MVC! It plays the in 2D or simulated 3D only. :(

I think it can only play 3d BD ISO, and for sure 3D MKV in SBS or Top/Bottom.
shanec

Post by shanec »

Batiatus wrote:

But it doesn't play it that well, and with no HD Audio. Step in the right direction but still not where we'd like it to be.
If you install ffmpeg like it says in the install instructions for Stereoscopic, you get HD audio, can also set it up to pass through to your amplifier as well.
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

shanec wrote:
Batiatus wrote:

If you install ffmpeg like it says in the install instructions for Stereoscopic, you get HD audio, can also set it up to pass through to your amplifier as well.
Forgive me as I don't have the ability to test this at the moment but if I install ffmpeg and Stereoscopic, it will playback full HD 3D MKV files, with no playback issues, outputting full HD audio as well? And this can be run as an external player script from XBMC?
shanec

Post by shanec »

Forgive me as I don't have the ability to test this at the moment but if I install ffmpeg and Stereoscopic, it will playback full HD 3D MKV files, with no playback issues, outputting full HD audio as well? And this can be run as an external player script from XBMC?
Hmm, I can't say for sure, because I don't keep the lossless audio, just the internal track. But certainly my receiver clicks when I pass through the DTS or Dolby track.

The only 3d bluray i keep as an ISO are ones that have a forced subtitles track (like the Avengers for example). Everything else I make a 3D MKV out of and save a bunch of space with no loss of 3D quality.

Oh some 3d blurays have the right image first instead of left, so I added a flag in the filename that XBMC calls a slightly different stereoscopic batch file that includes swapping first. See the command line parameters for stereoscopic, you can make it kick in full screen, hidden mouse cursor, and automatically exit on ending or pressing escape. Very cool for XBMC.
fanbanlo

Post by fanbanlo »

I gotta rip ISO now 'cause that's what the RT1186 based media player can read reliably.
shanec

Post by shanec »

Let us know if it plays the subtitles when playing back a 3D ISO that has forced ones, i.e. Avatar or The Avengers...
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Hi to All,

Could someone give me some technical information about the 3D MKV created by MAKEMKV to forward to Cyberlink SUpport?

It seems that cyberlink are not able to understand how are generated this type of MKV 3D.

thanks

Ltm82
shanec

Post by shanec »

Really...? Cyberlink have happily just said oh yes it all works plays 3d mkv just fine and they need a customer to forward them the technical information.

PowerDVD was the second software DVD player to ever come out in the day. If these guys can't sniff around these forums or look at the matroska format and the comments posted by Mike and Peter about it, asking you to find out is just another stall tactic while they keep telling everyone rubbish (we support frame packed 3D MKV files generated by makemkv... yeah right you do...).