3D MVC Option

Everything related to MakeMKV
ltm82

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by ltm82 »

shanec wrote:Really...? Cyberlink have happily just said oh yes it all works plays 3d mkv just fine and they need a customer to forward them the technical information.

PowerDVD was the second software DVD player to ever come out in the day. If these guys can't sniff around these forums or look at the matroska format and the comments posted by Mike and Peter about it, asking you to find out is just another stall tactic while they keep telling everyone rubbish (we support frame packed 3D MKV files generated by makemkv... yeah right you do...).
Hi Shanec,

My Goal is solving my issue that i suppose it is the issue of every powerdvd users. In my opinion it seems that Cyberlink does not want to find a solution because if you read the answer from cyberlink support you start to think that the Cyberlink Support are not skilled to solve the issue. In particular i don't understand why cyberlink can't make the test using their blu ray 3D but it needs to use my Blu ray 3D with makemkv. I had explained many times to cyberlink support that it much more simple makes test if their install makemkv in their enviroments but it seems that it does not want. it's strange behavior.

But in particular reading this thread it seems that i am the only makemkv/powerdvd user interested to solve the issue.

Yesterday i received the last email from the support. Some Month ago i provided to Cyberlink some 3D MKV test files and yesterday the support told me that it analysed the test files with mediainfo and the result is that the test files are AVC "Stereo High@L4.1 / High@L4.1" and not MVC. He told me to contact the MAKEMKV support to solve the issue.

I have some difficult to explain to cyberlink how are generated this 3D files. If someone can explain me after i can forward the info to the Cyberlink support.

thanks for you help

ltm82
shanec

Post by shanec »

I guess what I was trying to say is, Cyberlink have the resources to figure this out if they really wanted to.
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Hi to All,

There is a bad news for all POWERDVD12/13 users that they want to read MKV 3D created by MAKEMKV.

The latest email received a few minutes ago cyberlink forwarded me the answer from powerdvd developpers team.

The Answer is that the incompatibility must be resolved by MATROSKA team and not by MAKEMKV team and CYBERLINK team

it will be true?

ltm82
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

Not sure how CyberLink can says playback of a new-ish format isn't their issue to resolve. MakeMKV makes the 3D MKV files. PowerDVD needs to play them back, properly. That's up to the software developers to figure out how to play the format, not the format creators to figure out how to conform to the software of the program which creates the files to figure out. Bottom line, CyberLink doesn't really care to provide 3D MKV playback anytime soon. At least by the email response you got.

I'd still like to see a working demo of that Stereo 3D playing back, via XBMC, 3D MKV files and exporting full HD audio. I'll take a free working solution over a paid for program from a company who doesn't seem to care what consumers are wanting from the product they are willing to pay for any day.
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Hi to All,

After some days i asked to Cyberlink more info about their answer and i only got that Cyberlink closed the official ticket.

In my opinion if Makemkv team wants to get more users it has to explain how to play this type of file. There is not sense to backup the 3D Movie in a MKV file if there is only 1 sw (Stereosciopic player) that can read it.

Is it possible that the Stereoscopic player Developpers has payed Makemkv team to get the solution?

Why a free player like xbmc can't read this type of file?

ltm82
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

ltm82 wrote:Is it possible that the Stereoscopic player Developpers has payed Makemkv team to get the solution?
Not without getting ripped off (read: no). The specification for MVC in MKV was discussed on a *public*, *logged* Matroska mailing list.
ltm82 wrote:Why a free player like xbmc can't read this type of file?
Because XBMC cannot decode MVC would be my guess (maybe it can via hardware acceleration, but there's no open source software decoder that can decode MVC - except for the AVC "core" but that's 2D).
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Romansh wrote:
ltm82 wrote:Is it possible that the Stereoscopic player Developpers has payed Makemkv team to get the solution?
Not without getting ripped off (read: no). The specification for MVC in MKV was discussed on a *public*, *logged* Matroska mailing list.

Why did you write MVC when it is not Real MVC codec?. it's not MVC but simple AVC. I sent 3 differents files created by MAKEMKV to Cyberlink and it has told me that those files are simple AVC.

Opening the file with mkvinfo or mediainfo i get only that their are AVC codec.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

ltm82 wrote:
Romansh wrote:

Why did you write MVC when it is not Real MVC codec?. it's not MVC but simple AVC. I sent 3 differents files created by MAKEMKV to Cyberlink and it has told me that those files are simple AVC.

Opening the file with mkvinfo or mediainfo i get only that their are AVC codec.
Neither mkvinfo nor mediaInfo have been updated to parse MVC in MKV, AFAIK.
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

[/quote]

Opening the file with mkvinfo or mediainfo i get only that their are AVC codec.[/quote]

Neither mkvinfo nor mediaInfo have been updated to parse MVC in MKV, AFAIK.[/quote]

Do you have any idea how i can demonstrate to Cyberlink developpers that the 3d files created by MAKEMKV are MVC?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

So no recent news on this subject? Would LOVE to get a working MVC 3D MKV player to use with XBMC and avoid all the crap I'm dealing with ripping ISO files and having to use Cinavia infected programs like PDVD and TMT.
SiliconKid

Post by SiliconKid »

Stereoscopic Player plays the MKV MVC files ripped by MakeMKV perfectly.

http://www.3dtv.at/products/Player/Index_en.aspx

I use Stereoscopic Player on my HTPC as my external player for XBMC and XBMC automatically launches Stereoscopic Player to play the files as required.

No problems at all. 100 times more efficient than trying to play the ISO of the exact same ripped Blu-Ray. Playback starts almost instantly and I have zero issues with lag, stuttering or audio sync that I have if I try to play the ISO versions of the same movies in players like WinDVD, PowerDVD or even TotalMediaTheater 6.

I don't understand why everybody is still so confused by all this. It's very simple.

1. MakeMKV produces a perfectly good, serviceable MKV MVC file that contains a solid 3D rip of a 3D Blu-Ray, unaltered.

2. Players like PowerDVD, WinDVD etc. may claim that they can't play those files because the files aren't the right format etc. but in my opinion that's a cop out. If Stereoscopic Player can play them without issue then there is absolutely NO good reason that none of the other players can't manage the same. It would take minimal dev effort to update those players to do so, they just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.

MakeMKV does a perfectly good job with ripping 3D to MKV MVC files, and they play perfectly in Stereoscopic Player.

Cyberlink etc. don't want to invest the time and effort required to upgrade their players to support the MVC and MKV files with multiple streams, and there are probably licensing issues involved that they aren't talking about.

The big players like Cyberlink don't want to upset the studios and don't want to be seen as supporting piracy in any way, and because MKV MVC WILL immediately be associated with piracy, they will intentionally steer clear of supporting it.

Independent media players like Stereoscopic Player aren't burdened by nonsense like that. The dev who writes Stereoscopic Player makes sure that it supports the formats that his users want it to support and modifies the code to do so himself.
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

Double post. See below.
Last edited by Batiatus on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

SiliconKid wrote:Stereoscopic Player plays the MKV MVC files ripped by MakeMKV perfectly.

http://www.3dtv.at/products/Player/Index_en.aspx

I use Stereoscopic Player on my HTPC as my external player for XBMC and XBMC automatically launches Stereoscopic Player to play the files as required.

No problems at all. 100 times more efficient than trying to play the ISO of the exact same ripped Blu-Ray. Playback starts almost instantly and I have zero issues with lag, stuttering or audio sync that I have if I try to play the ISO versions of the same movies in players like WinDVD, PowerDVD or even TotalMediaTheater 6.

I don't understand why everybody is still so confused by all this. It's very simple.

1. MakeMKV produces a perfectly good, serviceable MKV MVC file that contains a solid 3D rip of a 3D Blu-Ray, unaltered.

2. Players like PowerDVD, WinDVD etc. may claim that they can't play those files because the files aren't the right format etc. but in my opinion that's a cop out. If Stereoscopic Player can play them without issue then there is absolutely NO good reason that none of the other players can't manage the same. It would take minimal dev effort to update those players to do so, they just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.

MakeMKV does a perfectly good job with ripping 3D to MKV MVC files, and they play perfectly in Stereoscopic Player.

Cyberlink etc. don't want to invest the time and effort required to upgrade their players to support the MVC and MKV files with multiple streams, and there are probably licensing issues involved that they aren't talking about.

The big players like Cyberlink don't want to upset the studios and don't want to be seen as supporting piracy in any way, and because MKV MVC WILL immediately be associated with piracy, they will intentionally steer clear of supporting it.

Independent media players like Stereoscopic Player aren't burdened by nonsense like that. The dev who writes Stereoscopic Player makes sure that it supports the formats that his users want it to support and modifies the code to do so himself.
I've asked this before (not sure if it was to you) but never found the proper working answer. Does Sterescopic support full HD streaming audio? And how does it handle subtitles? Both are questions I need to figure out to make my set-up functional as I didn't pay very good money for a terrific 7.2 home theater set-up to only use losy SD audio and subtitles are required for some parts of some films like The Avengers and Thor.

A couple other things I need to sort out. What is the code used to get Stereoscopic to launch from XBMC? I assume something similar to TMT and PowerDVD but those both have hiccups that if you don't know will leave you stumped. And what are the player controls for play, stop, fast forward ect that can be mapped to a keyboard and remote?

Thanks for you help!
SiliconKid

Post by SiliconKid »

Stereoscopic player supports HD audio in the sense that it leverages whatever codecs you have installed, and if you have DirectShow installed and configured to pass through HD audio, then yes, HD audio works perfectly. I've tested it and it definitely works.

NOTE: To play HD audio you need:

1. HDMI connection. S/PDIF will NOT work.

2. Receiver that supports the HD audio. Sounds like you have that covered already.

3. Audio chipset in your PC that can handle streaming of HD audio properly.

As far as I know SP also supports subtitles properly.

You can download a fully working trial version of Stereoscopic player and test it to see if it works.

Basic functionality works with my remote control but there doesn't seem to be enhanced control supported. I just use my wireless HTPC keyboard / trackpad if I need to.

As far as how to get XBMC to launch SP and play your movies, that you will need to learn how to do from the WIKI etc. available at XBMC.org, like I did. It is advanced and it will require some effort and time spent understanding how to configure the XML files involved, but it does work.

I wrote an application to assist with that. You can get it here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

In that same share is an example XML file that you need to use with XBMC.

Full explanation of how to use my app here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176939