3D MVC Option

Everything related to MakeMKV
rattata12

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by rattata12 »

Any progress would me much appriciated! Love MakeMKV, but when I tried to import, Plex doesn't recognize the 3D version, while mediainfo says there is two streams....
silverfoxxxx

Post by silverfoxxxx »

Hi,

I have used stereoscopic player today and it seems to work fine for my mvc back ups, I selected to use the file source as the 3d type. I had to set my tv to 3d as it didn't automatically switch over but once I manually selected it worked fine.

Great update thanks to all involved.
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Hi to All,

I have some questions about the creation of MKV 3D with MakeMKV:

Could you please help me to understand if Powerdvd 12 support 3D MKV created with MakeMKV?

Someone in this topic has written that the 3D MKV works with PowerDVD 12 but in my case every 3D MKV created does not work. It's only starts in 2D mode.

What type of sw uses the developper of MakeMKV to test the creation of MKV 3D? How do you test this function of MakeMKV if there is not a list of sw that support this standard?

Is It possible have more information about the creation of 3D MKV?

I can't find in "www.makemkv.com" web site the necessary informations about MKV 3D . There is no information on the faq or in other parts in the site.

Is It possible have Official Information about this standard from "Mike Admin"?

Thanks for your help

Ltm82
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Do you have any news about my questions?

I wrote to the support but i did not get answer.

Could you please help me?

Thanks for your help

Ltm82
shanec

Post by shanec »

ltm82 wrote:Do you have any news about my questions?

I wrote to the support but i did not get answer.

Could you please help me?

Thanks for your help

Ltm82
It won't work with PowerDVD 11 or 12. The only software verified as playing them back (if you have a supported video chipset) is Stereoscopic Player 1.9.6. "Stereoscopic Player 1.9.6 can load Matroska files that use the MVC codec, like the ones created by MakeMKV."
shanec

Post by shanec »

pwimmer wrote:Good news: Stereoscopic Player 1.9.6 supports Matroska files with MVC codec. All files created by recent versions of MakeMKV should work - if not, please let me know. You can download the player from http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads
Fantastic work, any news on support for Intel HD Graphics 3000 chipset such in the macmini (this platform does framepacked 3D with PowerDVD and Total Media Theatre no problem but last we talked you didn't support it yet).

Any plans for support or do I need to build a new HTPC with Nvidia to playback these makemkv created files?
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Hi to All,

I have open a ticket in Cyberlink to inform that Powerdvd 12 does not read the MKV 3D created with MakeMKV in 3D mode.

Cyberlink has inserted in the issue list the reference to this bug. I hope that they will solve quickly the issue.

here below the link:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21460.page

For the users in this topic that have wrote that PowerDVD 12 can read MKV 3D in 3D mode created by Makemkv could explain your experiences because at this point i don't understand what have you tried?

thanks for all the users that will answer to this question.

ltm82
dbone1026

Post by dbone1026 »

ltm82 wrote:Hi to All,

I have open a ticket in Cyberlink to inform that Powerdvd 12 does not read the MKV 3D created with MakeMKV in 3D mode.

Cyberlink has inserted in the issue list the reference to this bug. I hope that they will solve quickly the issue.

here below the link:

For the users in this topic that have wrote that PowerDVD 12 can read MKV 3D in 3D mode created by Makemkv could explain your experiences because at this point i don't understand what have you tried?

ltm82
Doesn't PDVD 12 support Cinavia? If so then regardless of format you won't be able to play back any rips that have Cinavia
Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://dbone1026.blogspot.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
ant75

Post by ant75 »

I conform that Stereoscopic Player is working properly to playback 3D Movies created with MakeMKV. This is excellent. You need the new version though, v1.9.6.

I played around trying to get all this to work for ages with other players like Powerdvd 12. Cyberlink actually stated on their website that the new version supported 3D file playback. However, when I tested it all I got was "3D simulated" file playback. The 3D was terrible and not true from the MKV or bluray original source. It was actually playing in 2D and simulating the 3D effects.... horrible! So be careful with Powerdvd...... Just because it looks a little bit 3D doesn't mean that its true 3D and playing properly!

If the 3D looks poor or just not right you are properly seeing simulated 3D. However, on a positive note original 3D blurays do play properly in Powerdvd and are not horrible simulated 3D effects.
dbone1026

Post by dbone1026 »

ltm82 wrote:Hi to All,

here below the link:

ltm82
I thought I replied to this but don't see my post. Doesn't PDVD 12 have Cinavia? If so I would think that would kill every bothering with since with MakeMKV you are making a rip (not playing the original disc)

EDIT - nevermind, didn't realize but my post required mod approval before appearing
Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://dbone1026.blogspot.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
shane.cole

Post by shane.cole »

I've asked Peter about PGS subtitle support in Stereoscopic player and then we finally have a solution for full 3d rips that doesn't require PowerDVD, 12 doesn't even play all 3D blu-ray properly and 11 plays even fewer from disc or ISO.
tisurame

Post by tisurame »

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I still can't playback 3d movies created with MakeMKV using Stereoscopic player 1.9.6. And neither using Power DVD 12 with the disc itself.

I'm using a Panasonic Plasma (2012 model), connected using a HDMI cable. I have a modern videocard (Geforce GTX 670).

What kind of Viewing Method do I need to select when using the Stereoscopic player? Nothing seems to work.

By the way, this is how I'm ripping the Bluray using MakeMKV...

shane.cole

Post by shane.cole »

Grab the latest nvidea drivers and then you need to get the nvidia 3dplay license to drive a 3dtv in HDMI 1.4a frame packed output, they call it 3dvision or something. I got the 14 day trial, not sure how much they charge as I would rather wait for stereoscopic to support intel hd 3000 chipset instead.

Then in stereoscopic select nvidia and when you switch to full screen voila 3d looks exactly like playing from the bluray.
tisurame

Post by tisurame »

shane.cole wrote:Grab the latest nvidea drivers and then you need to get the nvidia 3dplay license to drive a 3dtv in HDMI 1.4a frame packed output, they call it 3dvision or something. I got the 14 day trial, not sure how much they charge as I would rather wait for stereoscopic to support intel hd 3000 chipset instead.

Then in stereoscopic select nvidia and when you switch to full screen voila 3d looks exactly like playing from the bluray.
Thanks! It worked! :)

Now, all we need is PGS subtitle support.
shanec

Post by shanec »

tisurame wrote:
shane.cole wrote:Grab the latest nvidea drivers and then you need to get the nvidia 3dplay license to drive a 3dtv in HDMI 1.4a frame packed output, they call it 3dvision or something. I got the 14 day trial, not sure how much they charge as I would rather wait for stereoscopic to support intel hd 3000 chipset instead.

Thanks! It worked! :)

Now, all we need is PGS subtitle support.
After that, chapter support (so we can skip to the next chapter) and the ability to remap keys would be good too!