Dreambox und Makemkv subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ghostmaster

Dreambox und Makemkv subtitles

Post by Ghostmaster »

Hi community.

I use a dreambox with newnigma image to view Makemkv built MKV's. Unfortunatly the dreambox is not showing the subtitles (be it forced or not) at all. Is it possible to create other subtitle formats with Makemkv? I am not very experienced with the format itself and I do not know, which one is actually working. What I do know is that Idx/sub ain't working either.
twa000

Re: Dreambox und Makemkv subtitles

Post by twa000 »

Ghostmaster wrote:Hi community.

I use a dreambox with newnigma image to view Makemkv built MKV's. Unfortunatly the dreambox is not showing the subtitles (be it forced or not) at all. Is it possible to create other subtitle formats with Makemkv? I am not very experienced with the format itself and I do not know, which one is actually working. What I do know is that Idx/sub ain't working either.
So I had a play and although my Xtrend 9200 enigma box shows all the audio tracks (English/German), it always says there is only one pgs - and happily shows 0 subtitles :(
Everything works fine on my Dune linux media player, so it is the plugin used on the Enigma system.

There are ways of converting to graphic images, but I always found it a right pain, before Mike fixed Makemkv to show pgs correctly.
You might google this forum, there was lots of discussion about how to do this about 18 -> 24 months ago.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Fixed how? PGS subs always played back fine for me, except of course on the WDTV that demands zlib compressed subs.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
twa000

Post by twa000 »

Chetwood wrote:Fixed how? PGS subs always played back fine for me, except of course on the WDTV that demands zlib compressed subs.
So PGS subs work for you on a Dreambox or Enigma box? If the latter which image?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I wasn't clear, I meant that PGS subs don't need fixing but rather the Dreambox cause the subs play fine elsewhere.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch