advice please

Everything related to MakeMKV
atomic7431

advice please

Post by atomic7431 »

IFO file for VTS #2 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
IFO file for VTS #3 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
IFO file for VTS #4 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.

is this normal to see? as i get it on a lot of dvds?

also just to clarify if someone will, when i deselect a title (untick) the audio and subtitle tracks inside the unticked title remain ticked, do i have to manually ntick these for them not to be ripped as well?

ps. just started using this proggy and so far im impressed many thanks :)

i have the latest mkv version and a liteon blu ray drive and using all shop bought discs

more of the same -

Calculated BUP offset for VTS #0 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #3 does not match one in IFO header.
IFO file for VTS #5 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
IFO file for VTS #6 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #10 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #11 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #12 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #13 does not match one in IFO header.
IFO file for VTS #15 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.

Using direct disc access mode
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #0 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #2 does not match one in IFO header.
Complex multiplex encountered - 17 cells and 23762 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
setarip_old

Re: advice please

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
IFO file for VTS #2 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
No. Try cleaning your discs and your burner/reader...
also just to clarify if someone will, when i deselect a title (untick) the audio and subtitle tracks inside the unticked title remain ticked, do i have to manually ntick these for them not to be ripped as well?
No...

atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

many thanks for the info and will look into this as some of these discs are brand new. maybe my burner needs a clean
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

many thanks for the info
As always, my pleasure ;>}

doorguy500

Post by doorguy500 »

I'm having the same problem...
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #** does not match the one in the IFO header.
IFO file for VTS is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take a long time, please be patient.

This is with a new copy of the TV miniseries A.D. on a brand new BluRay player in my computer. So the disk is not dirty (I checked) and the burner is real clean, checked that as well. This happens on each of the 6 discs and each VTS # is sequential. So I simply added the two asterisks above... to indicate sequential numbers... but you knew that...

Any suggestions? I do not get any better performance with 1Click DVD Copy Pro and DVD43. I'd like to be able to watch this while traveling, but cannot see carrying the discs with me....

Has anyone reached a solution yet?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It isn't just scratched disks that have this issue. Some disks are authored in ways intended to confuse ripping software. I get the same "error" on about 30% of the disks I buy. The result of the rip, though, is fine.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
doncht

Post by doncht »

I can actually see that this is pretty common throughout the forums. Saves you a lot time.