Feature Requests

Everything related to MakeMKV
tron21net

Feature Requests

Post by tron21net »

After having used MakeMKV for several years now and while I am pleased with the software I'm wondering if it would be possible to make it easier and quicker to use for those of us who use MakeMKV on TV shows.

Requesting the following features:
  1. Sort by playlist name:
    Would be great to have an option to sort the titles by the internal playlist name when displaying the tree of checkbox nodes to choose what titles I want to convert to .mkv files as I've noticed that MakeMKV doesn't always show titles in ascending order as the case for all blu-ray discs of Person of Interest season 1 and a few blu-ray discs of Stargate Atlantis complete series.
    Currently with MakeMKV showing titles in unexpected order makes it difficult to rename each individual title per episode order.

Example of unsorted titles:

Code: Select all

00500.mpls -- Episode 7
    00501.mpls -- Episode 8
    00503.mpls -- Episode 10
    00504.mpls -- Episode 11
    00502.mpls -- Episode 9
    00505.mpls -- Episode 12
    00300.mpls -- Special Feature 1
    00301.mpls -- Special Feature 2

Example of sorted titles by playlist name:

Code: Select all

00300.mpls -- Special Feature 1
    00301.mpls -- Special Feature 2
    00500.mpls -- Episode 7
    00501.mpls -- Episode 8
    00502.mpls -- Episode 9
    00503.mpls -- Episode 10
    00504.mpls -- Episode 11
    00505.mpls -- Episode 12

2. Recursively Uncheck All:
    It would be very helpful to be able to right-click on a title and do Recursively Uncheck All in order to uncheck everything(all checkboxes) so that way I can go in and just check items that I actually want to keep. Would be most helpful for TV shows and movies that have a ton of audio and subtitles/closed caption languages under each individual title.

Thanks! :)
Chetwood

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Chetwood »

tron21net wrote:It would be very helpful to be able to right-click on a title and do Recursively Uncheck All in order to uncheck everything(all checkboxes) so that way I can go in and just check items that I actually want to keep.
You can already uncheck everything using a conversion profile.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
tron21net

Re: Feature Requests

Post by tron21net »

Thanks Chetwood. I've found Conversion Profiles indeed to be good alternative to what I've been painstakingly doing manually in the past. Now just need a way to sort titles by playlist name and I'll quite the happy camper. :D