Specific Blu-ray Title issue

Everything related to MakeMKV
ertman

Specific Blu-ray Title issue

Post by ertman »

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section or creating superfluous threads, Google has not been to kind.

I have an issue with a specific Blu-ray, in this case "Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes". Whether using MakeMkv or others (DvDFab), I seem to encountering an error in regards to Copy Protection/Removal. After Ripping an episode or the entire Blu-ray(DVDFab) upon play back there seems to be 2+ minutes (around 2.5) added to the front consisting of a video test signal (see attached image) and then black screen, then the episode appears to start and run as normal.

Has this been encountered before? and if so has anyone found a fix?

I have used/using
MakeMkv - ripping
DVDFab - ripping, copying
VLC - Playback

Edit: No occurrence of this issue in Sony Blu-ray player.

Edit2: Seems to add a Chapter00 file.

Thanks for your time.
Attachments
Test Signal
Test Signal
problem1.png (6.1 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
ertman

Re: Specific Blu-ray Title issue

Post by ertman »

Update

While not a fix for the actual problem, MkvMerge was my friend, and allowed me to remove the the added chapters without having to transcode it through Handbrake.

When using Makemkv to convert this disc and title, it will state that there is 6 chapters, but when complete there is 7 with the problem chapter being "Chapter 00". This is my first occurrence of this problem, so it is disc specific, but I am also wondering if this has been seen before, or possibly again.
BlackDragon24

Re: Specific Blu-ray Title issue

Post by BlackDragon24 »

ertman wrote:Update

While not a fix for the actual problem, MkvMerge was my friend, and allowed me to remove the the added chapters without having to transcode it through Handbrake.

When using Makemkv to convert this disc and title, it will state that there is 6 chapters, but when complete there is 7 with the problem chapter being "Chapter 00". This is my first occurrence of this problem, so it is disc specific, but I am also wondering if this has been seen before, or possibly again.
Definitely strange but glad you got it sorted splitting the output file to remove the unnecessary portion of the output. Cheers